Jr. Accountant, Insurance Sales and Commission Payments (VT hybrid or EST/C
Location: Newport, Vermont
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Jr. Accountant will be responsible for the administration and execution of the Region’s sales and commission payments. The position will work closely with the Regional leadership to develop sound practices around producer and broker commission and will interact with all levels within the organization (accounting, sales, operations, technology, M&A, legal) to ensure proper implementation of sales/commission compensation.
This is a full-time position with the flexibility of a hybrid work scheduled from our St. Johnsbury, VT office. We are also flexible for an experienced remote hire in the Central or Eastern regions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inventory and document all of the region’s various sales pay practices
- Ensure that correct commission structures are configured properly in the system of record
- Coordinate monthly commission schedules distributed to producers
- Calculate monthly commission true-up amounts
- Work with HR to ensure true-up payments are properly executed
- Coordinate producer deficit reporting and management
- Complete monthly Draw adequacy reviews
- Track validating producers and coordinate changes to producer compensation
- Complete ad-hoc analysis including impacts on comp standardization at the individual level
- Coordinate all commission changes in the system of record
- Field questions from Sales Professionals, research their queries, and resolve disputes
- Coordinate proper system configuration of sales commissions on acquisitions and system conversions
- Coordinate offline referral commissions to non-sales personnel with Accounting Managers/HR as needed
- Prepare monthly Producer commission reporting for management including summary of producer commissions, deficit reporting, validating producer list, draw review, etc.
- Compile various other analyses for management review on a periodic basis
- Assist Finance with various analyses pertaining to sales compensation for monthly reporting or budgeting
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting focus a plus
- Prior experience with corporate or business unit financial leadership
- A minimum of 2 years finance and accounting experience in a rapidly growing organization
- Experience in a continuous improvement, highly collaborative and matrixed organization with the ability to lead process improvement and affect change
- Insurance brokerage experience is highly preferred but not required
- Experience utilizing, querying, and researching in a sales/commission-driven operating system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Strong Communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn the business and have a business and customer-centric approach to finance and accounting leadership
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with all levels of personnel within the organization
- Strong interpersonal, employee engagement, and performance management skills
- Must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Must be a well-organized self-starter who can effectively analyze a problem, articulate a well-thought-out solution plan, and deliver results
- Preferably to have familiarity with the use of Excel macros, power pivots, and power queries
- Familiarity in interacting with database reporting in a CRM system such as Applied EPIC, AMS 360, Sagitta or similar
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.