Benefits Data Analyst (Hybrid)
Location: Wallingford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
Performs a variety of processes in support of business activities, including data collection, aggregation and analysis.
Provides technical support during and after implementation for healthcare electronic data interchange applications.
Responsible for processes including imports/exports, data file creation and testing with stakeholders, and
reconciliation to ensure accurate eligibility and billing records both internally and at carriers. Utilizes Excel at an
expert level, as well as various information systems, databases and technology tools related to assigned areas.
Initiates appropriate and necessary communication with management, carriers, clients, brokers and vendors.
- Perform testing, implementation, revision, and maintenance of electronic data files with trading partners and clients including, but not limited to, incoming benefit eligibility data files, demographic files, and outgoing payroll deduction files.
- Follow procedures to resolve data discrepancies with clients and vendors weekly.
- Requires excellent follow-up and written and oral communication skills, and a focus on the customer experience.
- Perform data review and import/export activities of varying degrees of complexity for new client
implementations and established client renewals and changes.
- Efficiently complete tasks including, but not limited to, comparing data from multiple sources using Excel and other data formats, performing imports or exports to or from PPI and vendor systems, and reconciliation to ensure accurate records.
- Support trading partners’ file delivery through established FTP and SFTP procedures, or alternatives as required.
- Troubleshoot in a collaborative way to ensure client data can be received successfully and timely.
- As needed, may assist with data entry of eligibility into various systems, with a high level of accuracy and within required timeframe.
- Conduct analysis of file transmissions and respond to inquiries regarding issues. May be responsible for documentation and reports.
- Produce, maintain, and distribute reports, both in a production environment and on an ad hoc basis.
- While performing ongoing functions identify, develop and document procedural and systematic
recommendations to improve efficiency and quality.
- Provide ongoing updates to management. Seek assistance as needed.
- Assist in the development of business requirements for department’s IT development projects.
- May act as a technical resource and assist in staff training as requested.
- Assist with additional needs as required and take on special projects, as directed.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and excellent service at an acceptable cost to all customers and operate in accordance with State and Federal law, the company’s Statement of Business Practices, Affirmative Action, Diversity and other standards.
- Actively cooperate and interact with all entities of NFP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math or Finance preferred.
- 1-3 years of work experience preferred..
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.