Employee Benefits - Client Advocate (Hybrid)
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Benefits Wholesale Client Advocate will provide our Wholesale Broker Clients urgent and efficient supportive data, confirmations, and up to date carrier information that will assist broker’s group clients and their members with all service inquires. Along with claims information and support the Client Advocate will also support the broker with billing inquiries and service questions pertaining to invoicing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the team inbox for incoming cases and requests from our broker clients
- Enter ALL transactions that are pulled from the inbox onto the Smart Sheet (Daily tracking tool)
- Track daily progress of each case for team visibility and organization on the Smart Sheet
- Maintain an exceptional relationship with all the brokers who are being serviced with daily follow ups.
- Consistent communications with Broker clients is precise and well written.
- Develop strong relationships with our Carrier partners for information and educational purposes.
- Efficient process of all transactions into the carrier portals for submission or change.
- Email requests and questions to assigned representatives at the carrier level.
- Maintain contact and in good standing with all of our carrier partners
- Communication with Broker clients on information from the carrier either by phone or email.
- Knowledge of our current laws and regulations with carriers and all jurisdictions that we work within.
- Supportive to all team mates and work as a team mentor
- Attend all Carrier Broker Forums.
- Attend Carrier trainings and meetings as well as Wholesale team meetings
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager, lead capacity
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of carrier plan designs and portal/systems, often specializing in one of more carriers.
- Well organized with the ability to handle several clients simultaneously
- Proficiency with MS Office products, Including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF.
- Dedicated work ethic with a very high commitment to client service excellence
- Extensive knowledge of carrier rules and regulations along with state legislation for all jurisdictions
- Strong sense of urgency; however extremely accurate
- Experience working in team environment, lead capacity
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma
- College Degree
- 3-5 Years of related industry experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: N/A
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.