Client Advocate (Hybrid)
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
As a Client Advocate, you will be a member of our client facing teams responsible for responding and resolving client/employee needs on a variety of topics.
- Respond to and resolve customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the client needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence.
- Help guide and educate clients and their employees about the fundamentals and benefits of their lines of coverage
- Intervene with care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with resolving claims and billing discrepancies
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction
- Process and assist with eligibility in escalated and urgent situations
- Research resources the vendor has available for the client to utilize such as wellness initiatives
- Make sure client remains compliant with federal and state laws
- Building client relationships
- Client database maintenance
- General administrative duties
Required Experience/ Characteristics:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with customer service in employee benefits field
- Demonstrate ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member or client
- Proficient problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
Desired Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Life and Health license
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.