Tax Manager - Hybrid
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
The Federal Tax Manager (FTM) reports to the Tax Director (TD) and oversees all domestic and international tax financial reporting, compliance and planning. For tax financial reporting, FTM works with the finance and accounting departments to report the income taxes in the GAAP financial statements. For tax compliance, the manager is responsible for assuring the timely filing of corporate and partnership income tax returns in various jurisdictions as well as the payment of tax obligations. FTM will also assist in tax due diligence and planning with respect to major transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures. Finally, the FTM assists other departments to resolve and plan for a variety of tax related issues. He or she works with a team of tax professionals in the tax department and outside service providers to meet on-going business tax requirements and obligations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all federal corporate income tax and international tax compliance filings. This includes preparing and reviewing tax returns, calculating estimated tax payments, and complying with any other income tax related informational filings.
- Provide the legal, finance, and M&A departments tax advice on various transactional matters including acquisitions
- Manage the tax provision calculations that are included in the quarterly and annual GAAP financial reports
- Provide tax research and advice on a variety of business tax issues
- Manages business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results
- Enhance the organization’s capabilities through development of others, including mentoring junior staff
- Assist in state corporate income tax compliance filings
- Identify tax planning opportunities
- Manage, improve, and update tax compliance and provision processes for changes in software technology
- Develops project plans and workable business processes for assigned projects
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Exceptional tax and accounting technical skills
- Strong project management, presentation and facilitation skills
- Well organized with the ability to handle several projects simultaneously
- Advanced analytical/problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Alteryx experience preferred
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment. Strong oral and written communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
- 8-10 Years Related Experience
- CPA and/or MST (Preferred)
- Big Four Experience (Preferred)
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.