Location: Los Angeles, California
Job Type: Full time
The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for performing clerical tasks within an office setting to support daily operations. The duties include answering and transferring phone calls to employees, scanning, sorting and delivering mail to employees, expediting FedEx, certified mail, messenger service and greeting visitors when they arrive for meetings with management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones and direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner
- Receive and manage front desk deliveries
- Welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner while answering any questions visitors have
- Open front office timely each day and maintain reception areas and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times
- Open, scan and sort a large volume of mail efficiently and timely
- Operate standard office equipment including fax machines, copy machines and computer
- Prepare labels and packaging for various mailing processes
- Scan and upload certified mail return receipts to client filing system
- Support with office projects from time to time
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Basic understanding of multi-user phone systems
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact clearly with customers, vendors and other employees
- Organization skills to keep accurate records and find important information quickly
- Time management skills to prioritize and complete assigned tasks throughout the day
- Patience and listening skills to respond appropriate and interact positively with different personalities
- Interpersonal skills to create a pleasant experience for all clients, such as being personable and attentive
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 years’ experience working as receptionist
- High school diploma
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $35,000-$52,000 annually. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.