P&C Insurance, Office Coordinator/Admin. Assistant (NYC)
Location: Norwich, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
Ideal candidates will have strong attention to detail, effective communication skills, and will be highly organized. This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and contribute in a dynamic environment. This position will be responsible for handling office management and reception duties as well as assisting with client-related wellness reporting and coordination.
This will be an excellent opportunity for someone experienced in P&C insurance and looking for a change of career focus/not client servicing. This is also an excellent opportunity for someone new to insurance but committed to growth potential.
This is a full-time role working daily from our NYC Wall Street office. After training and once fluency and accountability are demonstrated, we will consider flexibility with a hybrid schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages reception area, including routing of incoming calls, mail communications, and general support for visitors.
- Serves as the point person for vendor maintenance, purchasing office needs/supplies, office equipment, and general office errands.
- Coordinates guest visits, including office food orders/delivery.
- Organizes agency-wide functions, including staff activities and client events.
- Handles overall agency clerical and administrative duties, as needed.
- Handles special projects for the team, as needed.
- Assists team members with scheduling, printing, meeting preparation, etc, as needed.
- Will perform data entry via excel and our agency mngt system.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional office setting
- Proficiency in processing large amounts of information on an ongoing basis
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong aptitude for organization and prioritization
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility in duties and responsibilities
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to work on projects with a team or on an individual basis
- Proficiency in PC, Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn software/technology quickly
- Experience with EPIC or other agency management system or CRMs preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate or an equivalent required. Additional training or education is preferred.
- P&C license preferred, but not required upon hire.
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in NYC is $46,000-$65,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, the skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. The actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You… Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.