Sr. Application Support Specialist
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment Advisory firm with $20B in AUM. We have more than 300 employees serving clients from 22 offices in 12 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment Advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
The Senior Application Support Specialist will be responsible for overseeing and executing on technology initiatives, and projects spanning the full scope of the advisory technology stack at Wealthspire, along with acting as a System Admin and Internal User Support. “Advisory technology” encompasses all software and programs specific to Wealthspire and the wealth management industry (CRM, performance reporting, trading, financial planning, etc.).
- Collaborate with team members and other departments as required to ensure successful project planning, execution, and deployment
- Assist in defining project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Maintain thorough project lists for the advisory technology team and aid in communication efforts regarding progress and upcoming initiatives to Wealthspire staff
- Develop detailed project plans in order to monitor and track progress and manage open items
- Identify roadblocks and communicate effectively to remedy or pivot as required
- Go-to resource for all O365, SharePoint, and Microsoft-suite requests
- Coordinate with counterparts across NFP IT when needed for tasks, requests, and projects driven or owned by NFP to ensure successful deployment for Wealthspire
- Support the Head of Advisory Technology in various projects and related duties as assigned
- Be the resident expert for the advisory technology systems/software
- Drive and assist in exploration of what is new and what we can be or should be adopting to increase efficiency and reduce user effort
- Be the primary trainer for all in-house applications – sets the standard for policy, procedures, and education
- Complete administrative functions in relevant systems/software
- Create an education plan for employees and be able to evaluate adoption, consistency, and competency
- Be liaison to IT for all technical updates, expansions, or explorations
- Train a competent backup person for time sensitive activities
- Strong experience in relevant in-house office systems e.g., Client Relationship Management and Document Management Systems (e.g., Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, and Sharepoint)
- Excellent computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Office
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of directly related experience
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage and prioritize tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including effectively communicating complex issues and requirements
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Wealthspire
Wealthspire is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that values diversity as a
fundamental asset. Research substantiates that diverse teams are not only more innovative but
also make more informed decisions, leading to increased employee engagement and client
- Equal Opportunity:
based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
- Culture Add Over Culture Fit:
existing culture, we prioritize those who will add new dimensions to it. We welcome
individuals who bring unique perspectives, experiences, and skills that enrich our team
and client interactions.
- Inclusive Excellence:
environment where every employee feels empowered and included. Our commitment to
diversity extends beyond hiring practices to every facet of our business.
Do you see yourself excelling in this position?
Don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet every qualification on the list. We recognize that
career journeys are as unique as individuals themselves, and valuable skills can come in various
forms. We're eager to learn about your unique talents and experiences.
What We Offer
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.