(Hybrid) Senior Associate, Individual Solutions (future)
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2023 and we're looking for a Senior Associate to join our team who'll be responsible for working directly with Advisors and the Wealth Management Team to assist with the asset management and financial planning needs of clients. This position is responsible for providing support to Advisors including data gathering, case design, scenario building, financial plan development, financial plan application, and portfolio implementation.
NOTE: This opportunity is for future needs. We often recruit for this role due to increased business and career progression of current staff. Applying to this opportunity now will move qualified applicants to the shortlist when a new need arises. If you are looking for an immediate opportunity, please apply instead to our current openings via our Careers Page athttps://careers.nfp.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to Advisors in all areas of financial planning.
- Initiate and field client calls on various items (e.g., strategy ideas, account specific questions, portfolio inquiries, etc.).
- Create proposals for prospective clients.
- Create and/or update financial plans for clients.
- Prepare materials for client meetings; work with other internal teams to ensure client meetings are prepared for thoroughly and accurately.
- Assist with client data consolidation and maintenance as needed.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Attend client meetings and manage/complete all meeting follow-up activities.
- Liaise with client’s attorneys and accountants as needed.
- Monitor portfolios and maintain portfolio target allocations.
- Rebalance portfolios as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated in communications with both external and internal clients.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to anticipate and meet client and team needs.
- Demonstration of project management and consulting skills.
- Demonstration of a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality work.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with any CRM, portfolio management or financial planning software is a plus.
- Understanding of basic investment principals and knowledge.
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year College Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial service experience preferred.
- Securities Registration preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Completed or pursuing CFP®, CFA or Other Professional Designation.
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.