(Hybrid) Client Service Associate, Individual Solutions (future)
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2023 and we're looking for a Client Service Associate to join our team who'll be responsible for assisting the Relationship Manager with all aspects of new sales, client service and meeting support. The purpose of the role is to support the Relationship Managers with all the essential information they need to present an insurance comprehensive to clients who are placing their trust in NFP to take care of their needs. This includes the ongoing upkeep of client information and smooth execution of specific service strategies in order to deliver exceptional service to the client.
NOTE: This opportunity is for future needs. We often recruit for this role due to increased business and career progression of current staff. Applying to this opportunity now will move qualified applicants to the shortlist when a new need arises. If you are looking for an immediate opportunity, please apply instead to our current openings via our Careers Page athttps://careers.nfp.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembles meeting preparation documents pertaining to the client/prospect prior to sales meetings, including but not limited to, product specific sales illustrations, policy and product summaries, reports, presentations, and marketing packets.
- Performs all underwriting duties including preparing, completing and mailing individual and multi-life disability, long term care and life insurance applications; tracks all data in MOSAIC.
- Schedules medical insurance exams and orders all Attending Physician Statements (APS/Medical Records) based on insurance underwriting guidelines of carriers.
- Follows up with the client and Relationship Manager(s) during the underwriting process, keeps notes on the process and conversations in MOSAIC to ensure all parties are informed of status.
- Reviews insurance policies and prepares them for client delivery; follows up with clients on delivery requirements when needed.
- Takes a proactive lead on conserving the Relationship Manager’s existing block of business by notifying clients of overdue insurance premiums and coverage in danger of lapsing, tracking all attempts and progress, and keeping the Relationship Manager informed of problematic cases. Working with clients with the guidance of the Relationship Manager to provide clients with policy funding options.
- Processes all insurance policy service requests, including address, beneficiary/ownership changes, premium mode changes, dividend option changes and fund allocation changes.
- Processes all policy changes including reinstatement of lapsed cases, smoker rating changes, addition or removal of policy riders, and face amount reductions.
- Follows up with insurance carriers and vendors to ensure proper and timely execution of client service requests are completed in a timely fashion. For example, a change of beneficiary form submitted to carrier – needs to be followed through from submission until the updated beneficiary is reflected on the carriers’ systems and communicated to the client that the change has been completed.
- Ensures data accuracy in company records by regularly and routinely updating client and carrier/vendor information in MOSAIC and maintaining client files according to company compliant procedures.
- Performs administrative duties including data consistency, fielding phone calls, reviewing incoming mail, filing and greeting clients.
- Organizes all carrier and state licenses and appointments for Relationship Manager(s) with the in-house licensing coordinator.
- Processes individual asset management applications, service requests and performance summaries.
- Participates in occasional product related training and best practices development sessions as directed by Director, Client Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Insurance product knowledge (life, disability, and long-term care). Understanding the products’ features to be able to service clients.
- MOSAIC knowledge, entering new clients, keeping client data updated (specific to the RBI page), policy record creation, task management, arrays, workspace management, populating arrays, calendar management.
- Fieldnet – run PAAR reports, get Book of Business, retrieve applications, retrieve forms.
- ServiceNet - view policy information, process address changes online, etc.
- Service Knowledge – to assist clients with changes to policies.
- Underwriting knowledge.
- Retention skills.
- Well-organized with the ability to handle several projects/clients simultaneously.
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma required; College Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years prior experience, preferably within financial services.
- Previous experience processing insurance applications and providing a high level of client service is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Life and Health (preferred, not required).
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.