Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (In Office)
Location: Melville, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment Advisory firm with $20B in AUM. We have more than 300 employees serving clients from 22 offices in 12 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment Advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
The Receptionist reports to the Office Lead. The primary purpose/responsibility of the Receptionist is to make sure that each visitor feels welcomed and comfortable. The Receptionist is the first person that a visitor encounters, so the receptionist needs to be courteous, professional, and helpful. Receptionist answers telephones, route calls, greet visitors, respond to inquiries from the public and provide information about the organization. In addition, the Receptionist contributes to the security of an organization by helping to monitor the access of visitors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a professional and welcoming atmosphere at reception, ensuring a courteous first impression for all incoming visitors, both in person and via phone.
- Provide comprehensive office administrative support to the office lead, including meticulous organization of the reception area and meeting rooms to maintain a polished appearance pre- and post-meetings.
- Efficiently manage the ordering, distribution, and organization of office and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee access records for all office locations, overseeing key cards and physical access.
- Effectively handle emails, faxes, and mail, organizing and distributing them to the appropriate team members, with a keen focus on managing confidential financial information for clients.
- Serve as the point of contact for office management vendors, building management, and business partners.
- Take charge of all outgoing mail, including facilitating certified mail processes.
- Adhere to a standard work schedule from 8 AM to 5 PM.
- Coordinate and ensure the flawless operation of AV equipment for firm-wide Monday meetings and ad-hoc conferences, encompassing Zoom connections, laptop setups, and audio-visual systems..
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must also have basic Desktop computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word. Individual must have a valid driver license and reliable transportation system. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal abilities.
- Exhibit excellent attention to detail, ensuring high accuracy and showcasing superior organizational skills.
- Embrace a team-oriented mindset, displaying enthusiasm and reliability.
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment while upholding high standards of quality.
- Possess innovative thinking and the ability to adapt quickly to changes.
- Proactively work independently, demonstrating self-initiative.
- Successfully prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Exhibit a "roll up your sleeves" work ethic, showcasing tenacity and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Display resourcefulness, decisiveness, and critical thinking skills.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates Degree
- 0-2 years of experience in a reception, administrative or office management role preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None required
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Wealthspire
- Wealthspire is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that values diversity as a fundamental asset. Research substantiates that diverse teams are not only more innovative but also make more informed decisions, leading to increased employee engagement and client satisfaction.
- Equal Opportunity: We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Culture Add Over Culture Fit: Rather than seeking candidates who merely fit into our existing culture, we prioritize those who will add new dimensions to it. We welcome individuals who bring unique perspectives, experiences, and skills that enrich our team and client interactions.
- Inclusive Excellence: We believe that true excellence can only be achieved in an environment where every employee feels empowered and included. Our commitment to diversity extends beyond hiring practices to every facet of our business.
Do you see yourself excelling in this position?
Don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet every qualification on the list. We recognize that career journeys are as unique as individuals themselves, and valuable skills can come in various forms. We're eager to learn about your unique talents and experiences.
What We Offer
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $35,000 – $52,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.