Account Manager, Corporate Benefits
Location: Somerset, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Position:
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our team. Ideal candidates will be responsible for working with Advisors and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in the day to day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will work with senior team members to manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications. While in this role, this person will begin to lead open enrollment presentations with senior team member direction. They should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
This is a hybrid position with working-from-home flexibility 2-3 days a week after the initial 30-day training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Learning to review contracts, benefit plan summaries, and carrier source documents for accuracy or education.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records
- Takes the lead on answering questions from clients and/or insurance company personnel such as ID card requests, claims or billing questions
- Begins to develop ongoing relationships with clients. Coordinates with Senior Account Manager, Account Executives or Advisors in doing so.
- Begins to develop relationships with carrier representatives to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients
- Learns vendor/carrier products and services.
- Begins to review and analyze requests for proposals and insurance plan analyses. Participates in negotiations with carriers and recommends renewal actions, under the direction of a senior team member or Advisor.
- Drafting renewal presentations
- Creating and updating benefits-related guides, education resources, or landing pages for clients
- Attend to client requests including product or vendor service or performance challenges
- Participates in client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, etc.
- Distribute carrier communications or agency education content to clients as appropriate
- Cross-trained in additional areas, such as eligibility processing, to assist colleagues when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products, and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ of client service and/or industry and product line experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Appropriately licensed or ability to obtain licensing is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to carry boxes up to 20lbs.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.