AVP, Benefits Consultant
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Position:
We’re looking for an AVP, Consultant to join our team. Ideal candidates will be responsible for acts as a point person for the Advisor and works in tandem with the Senior Account Executive (“SAE”) ensuring milestones are met and customer expectations are managed effectively.
This is a hybrid position with working-from-home flexibility 2-3 days a week after the initial 30-day training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a direct relationship with the customer (outside of Advisor).
- Develop effective relationships with customer and carrier
- Collaborate with SAE and Advisor to:
- develop customer strategy plan and defined
- define ad-hoc project objectives, scope, and work
- develop annual renewal goals and objectives prior to reviewing the renewal document (which is started by the SAE).
- Meet with customer to communicate technical meetings, coordinate projects, guide customer on escalated issues, introduce new and emerging topics/trends, products, technologies, and capabilities.
- Manage all timelines with other internal staff, customers, advisors, carriers, and vendors, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of services, support and solutions according to customer needs and objectives:
- Prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency and identify dependencies across projects.
- Anticipate project issues, assess alternatives, and take appropriate measures to resolve in a professional, tactful manner.
- Manages customer expectations, communicating possible issues and revised turnaround times that potentially impact delivery dates and predefined team
- Manage high level technical work including the drafting of technical memo’s, summaries, and documents (as needed).
- Manage complex and technical RFP process by:
- Meeting with the SAE and Benefit Coordinator to direct overall RFP strategy
- Identifying and delegating to the appropriate associates the gathering of data for marketing purposes
- Reviewing the drafted RFP, and finalizing the technical language of the RFP
- Creating required spreadsheet (this is a spreadsheet that will go to the quoting vendors that will allow Marketing to quickly spreadsheet a preliminary side-by-side comparison once the results are returned)
- Requesting claim repricing from Analytics (when applicable)
- Replying to questions presented by vendors during the RFP process
- Working with Marketing, Adviser and SAE as necessary to identify leading RFP respondents
- Reviewing results, reading full finalist responses, ensuring final information to Analyst to update budget
- Negotiating terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and/or wholesalers, identifies when to pull in Adviser as needed
- Confirming sale and signs off on checklist
- Overseeing transition of any implementation process to SAE and Benefit Coordinator, including all information pertinent to sale
- Work with the team to assist with escalated service
- Stay up to date in compliance to answer customer questions, however, will rely on the SAE to manage and communicate overall compliance.
- Build and maintain a relationship with carrier representatives to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated in communications with both external and internal clients
- Strong sales skills
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to anticipate and meet client and team needs
- Demonstration of project management and consulting skills
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong Internet and cloud-based system abilities; ability to learn and adapt to new account management systems
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college or university degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, and Industrial Psychology, Economics or Healthcare related field.
- 5+ years of health and welfare consulting experience is preferable.
- 3+ years of experience in sales in the healthcare or insurance field is preferable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Ohio Life and Health Insurance License required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to carry boxes up to 20lbs.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.