Cyber Security Intern
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility a few days a week.
Summary: The Cyber Security Intern will use the myriad of tools and configurations available within the Azure environment to help streamline the overall responsiveness of NFP’s Cyber Security response. Additionally, they will help to minimize attack vectors that could be leveraged by malicious actors, as well as secure the global attack surface of NFP. The intern will have a unique opportunity to learn processes performed by Cyber Security teams and Infrastructure teams. Furthermore, the intern will attend regular meetings with the teams as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments. Our 10 week Summer Intern Program is designed to provide students a challenging, meaningful and supportive experience. The Summer Intern orientation offers a thorough overview of the company and the opportunity to learn from several senior leaders. The Summer Intern Program also includes challenges, mentoring, philanthropic and networking opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex sets of data to identify data trends and anomalies
- Use the myriad of tools and configurations available within the Azure environment to help streamline the overall responsiveness of NFP’s Cyber Security response
- Help to minimize attack vectors that could be leveraged by malicious actors, as well as secure the global attack surface of NFP
- Perform gap analysis against known industry baselines
- Ensure results meet the desired security posture of NFP
- Create a solution that keeps NFP compliant
- Conduct stakeholder analysis
- Keep all information and records confidential
- Assist with implementation of Microsoft’s suite of Security tools
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Knowledge of cloud-hosted security solutions
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- An interest in making career in Cybersecurity
Education and/or Experience:
- Rising senior pursuing a BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent. Degree in Cybersecurity / Information security preferred.
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.