Procurement Intern - Spring 2024
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
NFP’s Procurement organization is a corporate department providing all strategic sourcing and procurement operations across NFP for our corporate and field offices globally. Procurement identifies, selects, develops and manages key suppliers across all categories of spend and leverages this role to ensure optimized cost and service objectives for all purchases.
This is a part-time Spring internship, working 20 hours per week.
The Procurement intern will provide project-level support for active initiatives by assisting with data collection and management, including the review, correction and entry of client and project data into our systems of record, research, and cost analysis. Projects may include engagements across multiple areas of service and support including spend due diligence and RFI/RFP support for supplier selection and negotiations.
The intern will also have an opportunity to provide project-level support for procurement initiatives in related categories servicing NFP. Examples of additional projects may include providing support for sourcing efforts in selecting an office products provider or assisting with the planning and implementation of a contract management system.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Procurement team. This position reports to the SVP and head of Procurement for NFP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with standard systems of support such as Salesforce.com, Cognos reporting and office tools
- Data integrity validation tests to maintain clean data. Work with program staff to get corrections and make adjustments to ensure project specific data integrity
- Assist in overseeing the stability, access, data quality and information flow
- Support the analysis and executive reporting of up-to-date information by project
- Provide overflow administration support and assist with ad hoc projects as required
- Keep all information and records confidential
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data analysis
- Fast, efficient data entry and comparative analytical skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with employees in different roles and with varying skill-sets
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to operate desktop or laptop computer, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and specialized software applications, in a network environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Current student pursuing a BA/BS degree in business, procurement/supply chain, finance or equivalent.
- Current senior preferred.
The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 per hour. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.