Account Executive, Commercial Lines (Hybrid Northeast)
Location: Montpelier, Vermont
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com
Summary of role
The Account Executive, Middle Market is the primary point of contact for clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. The Account Executive will prepare applications, specifications, issue COI’s, endorse changes for assigned clients with some degree of supervision and approval from their Supervisor. This role will require the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for their assigned clients, including spec reviews. The Account Executive may have client retention targets.
This is a full-time hybrid opportunity working from any of our P&C offices in the Northeast Region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers for renewals.
- Works with the Claims Department, loss control and actuarial on relevant claims for assigned clients.
- Responsible for accurate information such as updated exposures, driver information, reporting forms, signed endorsements and miscellaneous information to avoid any E&O claims.
- Maintain our agency management system according to established workflows and standards.
- May supervise or direct the daily job activities of the Coordinators and Account Managers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and clients through regular contact and client visits. Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- P&C experience with Commercial Lines coverage and servicing
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail, decision making skills and problem resolution.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred. HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- More than 5 years industry and product line experience covering CL middle markets is highly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C Insurance License required upon hire
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in NY is $60,000 – $115,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.