Personal Insurance Account Manager/Sr. Account Manager (Miramar, FL office)
Location: Miramar, Florida
Job Type: Full time
The Account Manager/Senior Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. You will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors. You will prepare materials for presentations and communications and assists team members with day-to-day client servicing. At this level, you will take an active role in client meetings. While in this role, you will be developing and maintaining relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. You should be prepared to manage your own book of business.
This is a full-time position working from our Miramar, FL office, M-F, 8:30-5:00pm EST required.
- A Florida 20-44 or Florida 2-20 P&C Insurance License is required upon hire
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts. Lead client meetings for accounts assigned to them.
- The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers, in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Will have an assigned book of business.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Able to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate level of experience in agency management system(s)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree (or equivalent training) or a BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 3 years of client service and/or industry and product line experience required
- Must be experienced with Florida carriers, market and coverages
- EPIC agency management system experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- A Florida 20-44 or Florida 2-20 P&C Insurance License is required upon hire.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.