Commercial Lines Account Executive (NC hybrid or remote)
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is a full-time exempt position. The primary functions of this position are to manage a book of business comprised of middle markets-larger Property & Casualty insurance clients with an emphasis on full client retention. You will provide quality service to clients, manage and control client relationships, and support Producers in their efforts to attract and retain clients. The Account Executive (AE) will be the day-to-day liaison between the insurance company and designated accounts. Daily servicing of clients will include contract analysis, coverage and exposure analysis, endorsement activity, problem-solving, renewal management, preparation of quotes/proposals, and binding of coverage. The AE will assist Producer(s) with the above functions when applicable. Must have the ability to work independently as well with team initiatives.
As an AE, you should have knowledge and experience in all areas of commercial insurance. As needed, the AE will coordinate with Producers on strategic account issues and potential challenges. You are responsible for the successful fulfillment of corporate strategies and compliance with company workflows and procedures.
This is a full-time position, ideally working hybrid from our Charlotte, NC office. We will consider a remote option for well-experienced CL candidates.
Essential Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Create complete marketing submissions including client coverage needs, gathering exposure data, researching property, vehicle and equipment values through serial numbers, replacement cost assessments, client invoices and/or tax and financial data.
- Review prior policies and analyze coverage for gaps and coverage enhancements for new business opportunities.
- Create Broker of Record (BOR) letters and submit to carriers for acceptance.
- For renewal and new business, complete Acord applications, specialty applications & supplemental applications by accessing the missing data and assisting the producer with full completion of all necessary applications.
- Review and analyze historical data, such as payroll, revenue, employee count, contracted cost, number of vehicles in comparison to premium and losses, to discuss the account with carriers & clients on pricing and coverage options.
- Review prior claim history and provide an explanation of catastrophic losses that have been corrected with an enhancement of the client’s risk management policies or procedures.
- Be familiar with carrier appetites and the market climate for proper selection and advice to Producers on eligible markets available for marketing. Develop market rapport with carriers.
- Work with carriers to assure them of complete, accurate and timely information to help them with their assessment of the account.
- Negotiate pricing and coverage terms in the client’s best interest.
- Prepare client proposals, according to NFP standardization, from carrier quotes that reflect an accurate presentation of the coverage terms, pricing, exposure basis, renewal comparisons and marketing results. Highlight coverage gaps or coverage differences to make sure the insured is aware of any potential limitation or lack of coverage in the event of a loss.
- Oversee and delegate tasks to team members, which includes account assistants, claims managers, accounting managers and Producers to assure the client’s needs are met.
- Perform all technical and clerical functions for the assigned book of business to assure the insurance service needs of individual clients are met. These functions include but are not limited to client file set-up, issuing evidence of insurance forms, application completion, and endorsement and renewal processing. Initiating or assisting with new business as directed by the Producer.
- Discuss and add new lines of coverage to existing accounts.
- Maintain proficiency in all technical aspects of the position including policy review, limits, coverages, program design, solvency issues as well as excess & surplus lines placements.
- Inform and educate clients about policy coverages, changes, exclusions and needs.
- Prepare summaries of insurance and create schedules and proposals as needed for account review. Remarket and handle other renewal activities with the Account Manager/Account Executive/Producer.
- Review with the Producer the service plan designed for the client and maintain diary alerts and follow ups to assure the deliverables are met as agreed upon to our clients. Create, review and update diaries, with clients and carriers, as necessary, or upon the receipt or delivery of insurer documentation (relates to billing, endorsements, waivers, policy audits, signed policies, certificates, accounts receivables, quotes).
- Review & analyze coverage with the review of insurance requirements in contractual obligations by the insured.
- Proofread all documents to ensure completeness and accuracy of information in documents produced for service team members, clients or carriers.
- Address client needs by communicating with the client, via computer, phone, or face-to-face interaction, and ensure that all appropriate resources are being utilized.
- Use agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments.
- Analyze loss run/claim history reports including ModMaster.
- Timely completion of policy review and our E&O checklist to conform to professional standards.
- Responsible for assuring all client billings are entered accurately into system 30 days prior to company due date.
- Develop and maintain complete, accurate, and timely data in EPIC according to NFP Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Above average knowledge working in Microsoft Office
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Intermediate skills for Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through; maintains a sense of urgency
Education and/or Experience:
- Property and casualty insurance license required upon hire
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the property and casualty industry; in the FL market highly desired including large deductible and captive programs
- Mastery of commercial insurance underwriting, coverage, and rate analysis
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverages and an ability to communicate this knowledge clearly to clients and