Talent Acquisition Intern (Summer 2024)
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
The Talent Acquisition Intern will support the day-to-day activities of the Talent Acquisition team. They will contribute to the business, will lead and own certain deliverables and will also be assigned to specific, meaningful projects throughout the duration of the internship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gain knowledge and experience of Talent Acquisition’s recruiting process
- Learn how to screen resumes for various open positions
- Handle all administrative functions for regional recruiters including scheduling and confirming phone screens, digital interviews and office interviews and candidate assessments.
- Support/ Participate in projects that enhance client experience and /or increase efficiency of the recruitment process / offering
- Assist with the coordination of hiring events and the summer intern program
- Facilitate candidate on-boarding process – including entering into appropriate systems, facilitating background checks, setting up new hire paperwork, technology set up support, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Positive attitude and team player
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Proven administrative skills and expertise
- Good organizational and planning skills, with a proven ability to manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education and/or Experience:
- Junior or senior of a four-year university preferred
The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 per hour. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.