Safety & Risk Control Professional (NY State/Travel Required)
Location: Albany, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Group of NFP represents more than three decades of experience specializing in professional and technical proficiency, customer orientation and careful attention to detail, including products and services customized to meet the specific needs and preferences of individual clients. We help employers from a wide range of industries with operationally specific guidance, helping them meet their key business health and safety, risk and organizational management objectives.
Summary of Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Safety & Risk Control Professional in the Upstate New York region.
This is a full-time opportunity with the option of working remotely when not traveling to regional client sites (Primarily in NY, NJ, PA). Travel required up to 60%.
- Experience in Risk Control with a property/casualty insurance carrier or experience working as a Safety/Risk Management professional
- Knowledge and experience in risk control and/or occupational health and safety training programs at the management, supervisory, employee and regulatory compliance level. Solid presentation and training skills a must
- Capable of working effectively and collaboratively with client decision makers, insurance risk control professionals, sales professionals and client managers
- Acts as a liaison to designated insurance markets, participates in business planning and bridges the Risk Management discipline between client, carriers and NFP
- A client-centric mindset that with an exceptionally strong ability to build relationships with clients at all levels of their organizations
- Effective in implementing health and safety programming and risk management programs for a variety of commercial industry segments, including the construction industry
- Effectively analyze risk exposures, loss trends, and effectiveness of safety controls and develop recommendations and service plans designed to reduce loss frequency
- Conduct safety and loss control surveys of clients’ operations with proficient understanding of exposures and controls, across all industries
- Prepare written report of findings and recommendations for correction of unsafe conditions
- Ability to locate, interpret, and apply relevant local, state, and federal rules, regulations, and standards like OSHA, NFPA, DOT, and FMCSA.
Candidate Will Have
- 3+ years of experience in safety, risk management or related field
- A BA or BS degree
- CSP, ASP, ALCM, ARM or similar designation preferred
- OSHA #500 and/or #510 preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Strong data analysis skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with safety/risk control web-based systems and applications
- Proven safety training and public speaking experience
- Excellent written communication skills
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Positions involve the physical ability to climb ladders. This work involves frequent travel in and out of New York state.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in NYC $85,000 – $97,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.