Benefits Admin Specialist (Hybrid)
Location: Wallingford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This position includes a variety of responsibilities related to client, plan and eligibility maintenance, and COBRA for a range of employee benefit programs. Requires ability to effectively use multiple PPI and insurance carrier/vendor systems to maintain accurate records for a range of complex employee benefit programs. A high level of detail-orientation and accuracy, while handling a high volume and variety of work, is required in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run, review, and enter data from various audit reports used to maintain accurate benefit eligibility and enrollment on PPI systems and carriers/vendors systems.
- Assist case installation team with tasks related to client builds, updates, and requests and tracking of requests made to ben admin partners.
- Applies to clients who administer their own plans, employee self-service clients, and EDI clients.
- Prepare data for importing in the format required by carrier or benefits administration system, and complete the imports.
- Data entry of new member enrollments and changes to coverage, meeting standards to ensure accurate and timely member enrollment and client invoice production.
- Perform eligibility comparisons between PPI’s and carriers’ systems.
- Assist with COBRA administration processes, reconciliation, and reporting needs as required.
- Assist with the determination and documentation of business requirements for process improvement and system development.
- Perform data entry, reconciliation, and other job-related duties and special projects as needed.
- May assist in quality control activities and in the training of others
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Provide prompt, courteous and excellent service at an acceptable cost to all customers and operate in accordance with State and Federal law, the company’s Statement of Business Practices, Affirmative Action, Diversity and other standards.
- Actively cooperate and interact with all entities of NFP.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- High proficiency in MS Excel.
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines required.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in related field.
- Must have understanding of accounting methods and terminology.
- Associates or bachelors degree in accounting or related field required.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.