Employee Benefits - Account Manager II (Hybrid)
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is a full-time exempt position. Responsibilities include service and claims resolution, HR assistance, benefits administration support, implementation and contract review, communications, compliance expertise, and vendor accountability for performance standards. Along with a Senior Account Executive, the Account Manager has documentation responsibilities including updating checklists and client files and communicating to clients regularly on outstanding issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vendor Liaison for clients
- Responsible for maintaining outstanding checklists and renewal timelines
- Problem-resolution for ongoing or escalated issues
- Responsible for running carrier reports where applicable, or ordering monthly reporting directly from the carrier
- Responsible for negotiating with vendors to provide competitive quotes. Provide contract review, comparisons and recommendations for renewals by established deadlines
- Proactive customer service and HR support
- Maintain internal files and databases with all client data
- Implementation and compliance support
- Proficient in completing fully insured NFP renewal package
- Assist and organize the onboarding process for all new business cases and new business lines on designated accounts
- Experienced in Enrollment/Eligibility Options for Clients to include Benefits Administration Systems
- Proficient in carrier alternatives, products, and systems
- Attendance at weekly Health and Welfare meetings, planning sessions, and NFP-Sponsored events
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, including excel, word, PowerPoint
- Strong client development and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong aptitude for organization and prioritization
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility in duties and responsibilities
Education and/or Experience:
- 5 years of experience in Employee Benefits Administration.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- 215 license; Health & Life Insurance License
Working Conditions: Will work in a climate-controlled office environment (currently primarily remote due to COVID restrictions).
Physical Demand: Ability to sit at a computer for a long period of time as well in automobile and airplane for travel to client locations. Duties require standing, walking, talking, sitting, and hearing.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.