Account Manager, SBU (Marietta OH, or Hybrid central region)
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
We are growing! We have an opportunity to join our dynamic Client Facing Team. The Account Manager is responsible for servicing client accounts within our Select Business Unit. The position requires day to day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will educate and guide our clients on their insurance portfolio, manage the renewal process, which includes providing pro-active account reviews and presenting options in written and oral form. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients as well as other internal departments to work proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. This is a full-time opportunity ideally working a hybrid schedule from our Marietta, OH office or any other of our central region offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with client contacts.
- Attends departmental meetings
- Engages in proactive Account Reviews with the client, and initiating the request for coverage changes and/or quotes as a result to the appropriate department.
- Works daily in our data management system (EPIC) in accordance with our workflows.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Critical Thinking skills
- Ability to work independently yet be a team player
- Anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance, ideally Commercial Lines Products/Coverages
- Diligent follow up skills and attention to detail
- Ability to express ideas clearly and confidently in both written and oral communications
- Strong Customer Service skills/desire to work with the public
- Ability to utilize technology to improve efficiencies in communications
- Sales skills a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will have prior Insurance Experience
- A College Degree or any Insurance Designations are preferred but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property and Casualty License is required at this level
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.