Staff Product Designer, Okta Personal
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
About the Okta Personal Team:
Today, millions of websites, mobile apps, and services worldwide depend on identity as a key layer to deliver value. However, the end user experiences for creating, managing, and using their identity on these apps and services have not significantly changed in the last decade. Today, users are still dealing with hundreds of usernames and passwords that effectively proxy their relationships with businesses. The Okta Personal team believes that users are ready for a better, privacy-preserving experience, and our vision is to make digital living seamless and safe for everyone.
We are seeking a talented Staff Product Designer (you!) to join the Okta Personal team. We are a small and agile team working with a consumer-first mindset: rapid iteration, a high degree of ownership, and lots of product experimentation. As a Staff Product Designer, you will lead the design of new products and features, as well as improve the user experience of our existing ones. You will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers to create intuitive and engaging experiences.
- Lead the design of new products and features for the Okta Personal platform, from ideation to launch
- Improve the user experience of our existing products through iterative design improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand user needs and translate them into design solutions
- Design quick mockups, concepts, and prototypes to communicate ideas, ship features, and validate hypotheses effectively
- Help develop and maintain design standards and guidelines to ensure consistency across products
- Collaborate actively with product managers to find solutions to complex problems that align with our team’s vision
- Work closely with engineering to ensure designs are implemented accurately and to a high standard
- 7+ years of experience in product design with a focus on UX design
- Experience working on consumer digital products
- Strong portfolio showcasing your design work and process
- Experience designing for mobile and web applications
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Great eye and appreciation for visual design
- Degree in a related field or relevant work experience as a Product Designer or UX Designer.
- Experience leading design projects and mentoring junior designers.
- A great appreciation for visual design.
- Strong design fundamentals, including conceptual design, information architecture, usability heuristics, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping.
- Provide a digital portfolio showcasing your process and repeated success across various projects, including work that has been seen and used in live products. (Portfolio link required when applying.).
If you're passionate about designing user-centric products that respect users' privacy and want to work with a talented team of designers, product managers, and engineers, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.