Technical Marketing Manager Intern (Summer 2024)
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Location:Remoteor In-Person (United States)
The Technical Marketing Manager Internship Opportunity
At Okta, our vision is to free everyone to safely use any technology. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. It’s a big mission, and It’s exactly why we're looking for another team member to join the Okta Customer Identity Cloud Product Marketing team. This role is perfect for you if you LOVE customers, LOVE technology, love demos, and love collaborating with Product Management, Sales Engineering, Developer Engagement, Marketing, and Partnerships.
We are looking for University students pursuing a Computer Science or related degree who are interested in a 12-week Summer 2024 Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. You are a problem solver who cares about making a meaningful impact and enjoys working as part of a collaborative, high growth, distributed team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support creating technical assets (demos, labs, presentations, etc) to customers understand what they can achieve with Okta Customer Identity Cloud, powered by Auth0
- Learn how to understand customer technical/business requirements and communicate how to leverage to provide solutions
- Assist in execution and delivery of Industry-analyst responses, and build product demos for the technical audience
- Learn how to craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Learn how to distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, and ensure product message is aligned with product capabilities.
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS in a technical discipline like Computer Science, Informatics, Data Science, or related field (Dec 2024 or May/June 2025 Grad)
- A passion to serve the customer by learning how to communicate complex ideas and solutions to their business challenges
- A desire to learn to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard
- Familiar with programming: ES6/7, Python and/or any high-level programming language ie. C#, Java, Go
- Understanding of concepts like Web Services, REST APIs
- Able to apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real world problems
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Familiarity with Node.js applications
- Deployed applications to IaaS/SaaS (AWS, Vercel, Heroku, etc)
- Basic of IAM (OAuth, SAML, OIDC)
- Infrastructure As Code: Terraform
- Basic knowledge of video edition (Camtasia, Adobe).
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.