Financial Analyst, FP&A G&A
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 18,000 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Analyst who will be a key player in, and is truly excited about, driving and effectively scaling Okta’s growth. This person will report to the Senior Finance Manager, G&A and M&A, and will support the manager on partnering with G&A senior leadership and their teams on all planning, forecasting, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly proactive and motivated, a team player, capable of driving action cross functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eyes on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the key analyst to model and forecast headcount and program spends
- Own and support the short-term, medium-term and annual planning and forecasting processes for the G&A function, including:
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership and procurement organization on G&A accruals, G&A accounting, close process and other spend and compliance topics
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Participate in the company’s long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Participate in and manage frequent ad hoc projects & analyses, including M&A and across G&A, to support senior management and business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-3 years of FP&A experience
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint or Google Slides skills are required
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Anaplan and Tableau experience is a plus
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.