Staff Software Engineer, Platform - Release Pipeline Engineering Services (US Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Staff Software Engineer, Engineering Services Team
Okta’s Engineering Services team is looking for a lead Software Engineer to help us scale and increase developer velocity in our Internal Developer Platform. You will be driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, increasing the velocity and productivity of engineering. You will work with a wide range of stakeholders and partners, including Engineers, Architects, Operations, Program Management, and Quality. We have a great team driving innovative projects – join us and bring your ideas!
What you’ll be doing
- Build high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous delivery and developer productivity.
- Design and implement Continuous Delivery pipelines for a diverse set of projects using Java, Python, Node, iOS, Ruby, Bash, Go, CircleCI, Github Actions, AWS, and GCP
- Provide technical input by implementing Proof of Concept, influence the choice of the right technology, contribute to existing frameworks, and reviewing design and code.
- Roll out deliverables to internal customers in phases, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the project to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- Support pre-prod infrastructure in AWS--monitoring, backup and restore, SLA, cost control, deployment.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Solid understanding of CI/CD release pipelines and infrastructure (5+ years exp)
- Experience with Android and/or iOS (mobile builds infrastructure) is a plus
- Experience working with one or more tools like Gradle, Bazel, Artifactory, Docker registry, npm registry, Github Administration
- Experience with AWS, its services, and its supporting tools (cost control, reporting, environment management).
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work toward task completion.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- B.S. in CS or equivalent
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:$144,000—$216,000 USD
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.