Senior Frontend Engineer, MarTech
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in every U.S. county
- 80 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 10 million 5-star reviews fand counting
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- 1000+ employees
- $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Martech Team
Marketing Tech is a critical team at Thumbtack overseeing and optimizing millions of marketing spend and is directly responsible for driving our company’s top line revenue growth. As part of this team, you’d get to work on a wide range of Marketing lanes such as paid (SEM, Social, Streaming Media, etc) as well as organic (SEO, Engagement and Lifecycle Marketing, etc) and have an outsized impact on our broader marketing efforts.
Our team is at the top of the funnel and with that comes a massive amount of users and needing to think a lot about both scaling as well as how to design experiences for a wide set of users that we don’t necessarily know a ton about immediately. We are building out a lot of new experiences in our apps to onboard, engage, and re-engage our users.
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact of those projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency
- Work closely with product managers and designers to create useful and polished user experiences
- Write incredible new components using React, Redux, CSS Modules, GraphQL, and Typescript
- Explore new frameworks, languages, and processes while also being able to discuss when (or when not) to use them
- Mentor a growing team of multidisciplinary engineers on FE standards and best-practices
- Participate in a culture that values thoughtful code reviews and frequent deployments
- Mentor others less experienced with frontend technologies
What you’ll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of industry experience in web development
- A deep understanding of JS beyond libraries or frameworks (i.e. not just React)
- A familiarity with robust FE tooling to support our growing team
- SEO/SEM experience and detailed knowledge of responsive CSS, the box model, semantic markup, and HTML5
- You know what it means to write high quality, maintainable, testable code, and you enjoy doing it
- You’re curious, you’re data-driven, you love to ask questions, and you think critically about problems
Bonus points if you have
- An appreciation for good design, and the desire to translate visual ideas into working, beautiful code
- Full-stack experience - you’re comfortable working across the stack and adapting to different technologies.
- A love of writing documentation and tests to keep your code maintainable for years to come
- You’re comfortable communicating about your work with both technical and non-technical team members, including fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts
- You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs necessary to deliver great, impactful products
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $180,000 - $250,000. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20 company-wide holidays including a week-long end-of-year company shutdown
- Libraries (optional use collaboration & connection hubs)in San Francisco and Salt Lake City
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.