Senior Technical Program Manager, Salesforce for Sales & Business Development
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in every U.S. county
- 80 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 10 million 5-star reviews and counting
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- 1000+ employees
- $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Technical Program Management Team
Technical Program Management partners with all areas of the business and development teams to drive our portfolio of technical projects and programs from request through implementation and ongoing lifecycle management. It’s our mission to help all of Thumbtack get more done through technology and cross-functional coordination while optimizing value.
About the Role
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager of Salesforce for Sales & Business Development, you are a critical partner and subject matter expert for all teams within the Go to Market organization (Sales, Sales Operations, and Business Development). You will work closely with these teams and their leaders to design, implement, and refine business tools and processes, and to provide close support to ensure business continuity, give critical insight, and improve effectiveness.
- Discover business needs and strategic opportunities through thoughtful analysis and close collaboration with Sales and Business Development leaders, functional teams, development teams, and outside sources
- Partner with Sales, Business Development teams and tech leads to define comprehensive requirements, design viable, scalable, future-proof solutions, and translate them into actionable project plans and tasks
- Utilize agile project management framework and techniques to plan, document, and manage initiatives from conception through delivery and closure including driving quarterly and annual planning
- Work with partners across all levels to facilitate and influence prioritization using data, research, past experience, and cross-team relationships
- Keep cross-functional stakeholders, contributors, executives, and other interested parties engaged, aligned, and up-to-date on relevant details; escalate issues when necessary
- Work closely with application administrators and developers to deliver prioritized solutions while keeping cross-functional stakeholders, contributors, and other interested parties engaged and up-to-date on project status and relevant details
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expert in utilizing agile project management, prioritization methodologies, and the software project lifecycle (design, build, test, release, feedback) to support projects for Sales or other go-to-market teams while meeting time, budget, and scope constraints
- Experience and expertise in managing technical projects related to the following:
- Salesforce (particularly Sales Cloud & related native features)
- Customer Engagement channels (telephony, SMS, chat)
- SaaS/cloud-based technologies and integrations (particularly related to Sales)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to make thoughtful proposals, provide root cause analysis, and demonstrate results through testing and metrics
- Track record of creative, design-thinking that translates into solutions optimized for both business outcomes and user experience
- Ability to manage and prioritize many competing requests and effectively set stakeholder expectations
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
Bonus points if you have
- Salesforce certification(s) and/or previous experience as a Salesforce administrator
- Previous experience working in a sales or business development organization
- Ability to proficiently work with and manage technical projects related to the following:
- Marketing automation tools
- Sales efficiency and enablement tools
- Incentive Compensation Management tools
- Relational databases and SQL
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $151,200- $184,800. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20 company-wide holidays including a week-long end-of-year company shutdown
- Libraries (optional use collaboration & connection hubs)in San Francisco and Salt Lake City
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.