Social Media and Community Manager
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time, Part time
If you’re as passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion as we are and want to play an active role in tackling this global challenge, then WORK180 could be your next great career move.
Our mission is to raise organizational standards so that all women can choose workplaces where they can thrive. We support and endorse employers who are committed to progress – whether that means building a diverse workforce, having more inclusive policies, holding themselves accountable to progressive change. And we connect these employers with a global community of women from all backgrounds who want to feel informed, understood, respected, and empowered in their career choices.
We are a venture capital backed startup that has raised $7 million from the likes of Skip Capital, Ashpeak Investments, Investible and Giant Leap to name a few. We currently operate in the US, UK and Australia and count AWS, Atlassian, Shopify, Okta and Microsoft among our 300 customers.
As a 100% remote team and a growing business with big ambitions, every team member is responsible for upholding our values:
- Lead with empathy
- Raise the bar
- Do it with grit
- Be your own boss
- Trust in transparency
Benefits we will provide you
- 9-day fortnight at full pay
- 20 days paid annual leave and 10 days personal leave
- Affordable health insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible working practices
- Fully remote team
- Monthly state-based lunches (company-funded)
- Bi-annual whole company conferences (in-person and online)
- Employee share scheme - granted on passing probation
- Formalized personal growth planning process reviewed quarterly
Create a WORK180 account to experience our platform and check out the full list of staff benefits & policies at: https://work180.com/for-women/employer/work180/benefits
The impact you’ll be making
Reporting to the CEO, the Social Media and Community Manager will be part of our global growth marketing team responsible for driving WORK180’s reach and authority in the diversity, equity and inclusion space. This is an exciting new role to support our US expansion that will seek to grow and engage the community of women using our platform. Ideally you will be located in California or Texas.
You will be responsible for building, engaging, and retaining our community in the US and owning our global social media presence across the US, UK, and Australia. Your role will be key to unlocking our growth potential in the US market, and establishing our brand awareness and community engagement. You will need to think globally but tailor your approach locally, ensuring our messaging and activities effectively differentiate us in the market and drive the right actions.
Things you will own
- Development of a community focused marketing plan.
- Ideation, implementation and execution of a social media plan to engage new audiences across untapped platforms such as TikTok.
- Organizing on-the-ground events for WORK180 to build our community.
- Identifying and activating partnership opportunities.
- Creation of campaigns to drive community engagement.
- Management of key interactions across global social accounts.
- Ownership of our community newsletter.
This role has serious growth potential because it will play a key role in enabling the business’ growth. If you’re looking to make a clear personal impact and are stimulated by lots of variety in your job, this role will deliver.
Who are we looking for?
As a growing business with an eye on making a global impact, we are looking for people who can bring diverse perspectives and experience, a passion for what they do, and a passion to deliver our mission.
Specifically for our Social Media and Community Manager role, individuals with the following attributes will thrive in this role:
- Blend of strong creative and analytical abilities
Knowledge of building inspiring, impactful, and scalable social media content and campaigns with the ability to make data driven decisions.
- Passionate advocate for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
A strong understanding of trending terms and topics in the DEI space and with the ability to communicate with authority.
- A resourceful self-starter focused on results
You will thrive in a remote working environment and relish the challenge of growing the brand and community in an expanding market. Your success will be measured in numbers, whether it be site traffic, social media interactions, content clicks or time at events.
What to expect next
- Resume review, we look for evidence in your resume that you have experience in the areas we’ve outlined, including areas of transferable skills, and use this to shortlist suitable candidates.
- First Interview with our People & Culture Business Partner, Stacey Quilton, to explore your background and experience, as well as introduce you to who we are, what we do and how we do it. A great opportunity for you to interview us too.
- Role specific task, presented in the interview with the hiring manager, to give you a chance to demonstrate your potential and fit for this role.
- Interview with the hiring manager, CEO Gemma Lloyd and our Senior Marketing Operations Manager, Lauren O’Connor.
- Topgrading Interview with two members of our leadership team, to deep dive into your full background and experience. This will include asking questions about everything from your high school experience to your latest role. Let's really get to know each other.
If we’re not able to take you forward at any stage in the process, we’ll let you know and are happy to provide feedback to help you in your job search.
All interviews will take place via video call. Please let us know if we can make any adjustments to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process.