Job Type: Full time
- 2 new career opportunities in our Operational Technologies Communications team
- Substantial projects to ready our OT Comms network for the renewable future
- Careers with Purpose > Collaborative > Inclusive > Flexible Work Environment
In a rapidly evolving energy sector these roles will shape how Energy is moved around the network to provide Victorians with a secure and stable supply. We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role
This role will see you participating in an engineering team who provide technical expertise across the Projects portfolio. You and your team will work with internal stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered in a cost-efficient way and to high standards of quality.
As a designer of the communications networks within and between our transmission and distribution sites around Victoria, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of solutions to facilitate the connection of new renewable generation and augmentation of the network to enable Ausnet to meet Victorias future energy needs.
The key to success in this role is to successfully develop network connectivity projects for both internal and external project stakeholders, within key milestone requirements, while working within a team of highly experienced and knowledgeable engineers.
There are two roles available which will report to the OT Communications Manager and are located in Melbourne city, Victoria.
We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
What you will deliver
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Provide advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability.
- Planning arrangements for disaster recovery together with supporting processes and manages the testing of such plans.
- Produce technical maintenance and plant guidance documentation (installation, testing and commissioning).
- Acts as the routine contact point with partners, investigating, resolving or escalating problems with third parties in relation to hardware, software, installations and maintenance
- Lead practical integration work under the technical direction of the system/service designer.
- Produce outline system designs and specifications, and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology within AusNet’s standardising communications technology
What we like about you
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification in Electrical or Communications Engineering is required.
- High level of experience for the design and operation of OT Comms Solutions, across the full solution lifecycle – with exposure to Transmission and Distribution applications and integrated Asset Data models (eg, SAP Asset Management, Fibre Management, PTP Management, Ethernet Management, Telephony Systems and Radio Networks.
- Extensive experience as an engineer, preferably within the utilities industry.
- Leadership experience to direct and guide peer and junior team members, with a high level of focus on problem solving and mentoring skills.
- Experience with complex utility businesses that have end-to-end processes and internal and external service providers.
- Communication and collaboration skills across business, supplier and partners spread across a broad geography.
- Relevant electrical and power systems knowledge or qualifications with applied experience in the field of expertise.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBTQIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team.