Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lead
Location: Remote - AU/NZ only
Job Type: Full time, Part time
If you’re as passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion as we are and want to play an active role in tackling this global challenge, then WORK180 could be your next great career move.
Our mission is to raise organizational standards so that all women can choose workplaces where they can thrive. We support and endorse employers who are committed to progress – whether that means building a diverse workforce, having more inclusive policies, holding themselves accountable to progressive change. And we connect these employers with a global community of women from all backgrounds who want to feel informed, understood, respected, and empowered in their career choices.
We are a venture capital backed startup that has raised $7 million from the likes of Skip Capital, Ashpeak Investments, Investible and Giant Leap to name a few. We currently operate in the US, UK and Australia and count Coles, Atlassian, BHP, and Microsoft among our 300 customers.
As the DEI Lead, you will be a key influencer in the business, working closely with senior leaders, the DEI Advisory Board, DEI Account Managers and our clients to ensure we are leading experts in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
We’re a 100% remote team and a growing business with big ambitions, so every team member is responsible for upholding our values:
- Lead with empathy
- Raise the bar
- Do it with grit
- Be your own boss
- Trust in transparency
Highlights in our benefits and culture:
- 9-day fortnight at full pay
- Flexible working practices
- Fully remote team
- Monthly state-based lunches (company-funded)
- Bi-annual whole-company conferences
- Employee share scheme - granted on passing probation
- Formalized personal growth planning process reviewed quarterly
Create a WORK180 account to experience our platform and check out the full list of staff benefits & policies at: https://work180.com/for-women/employer/work180/benefits
The impact you’ll be making
Reporting to the CEO, the DEI Lead will coach and develop the DEI Account Managers to support WORK180 Endorsed Employers work towards their strategic DEI goals. You will help drive initiatives which create long-term value for our clients and support them becoming a progressive workplace where all women can thrive. You will expand and strengthen relationships with our clients through sharing knowledge with external DEI teams.
Through identifying and communicating global and regional trends this role will support the wider business in how we design and develop inclusive DEI solutions. The DEI Lead will also work closely with WORK180’s internal HR Team to ensure we are at the forefront of DEI in our own policies, benefits, initiatives and training.
Things you will own
- Work closely with the product team to ensure the content on our client portal is leading edge and relevant.
- Create and deliver innovative and engaging DEI training for our clients.
- Represent WORK180 at Endorsed Employer and other external events on DEI Topics.
- Keep investors updated on the social impact of WORK180.
- Support the DEI Account Managers on client consults as the DEI Lead.
- Continue to expand our impact beyond gender.
Who are we looking for?
As a growing business with its eye on making a global impact, we are looking for people who can bring diverse perspectives and experience, a passion for what they do and a passion to deliver our mission.
Specifically for our DEI Lead role, individuals with the following attributes will thrive in this role:
- Leadership experience within the DEI space
Demonstrated ability to engage, inspire and motivate our organisation and our Endorsed Employers as our DEI subject matter expert.
- Experience in designing, implementing and successful delivery of diversity and inclusion initiatives
Confident to develop relevant initiatives which will help our Account Management team add value to our Endorsed Employers.
- Excellent skills in coaching and influencing CEO’s and HR leads to drive change
You will be a key influencer and advocate for WORK180 and the value we bring to our partners.
- Excellent relationship building skills to collaborate with colleagues and clients.
The DEI Lead will work across all facets of the business and regularly consult with clients.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Whether it’s with our customers, the wider business or our Account Management team, the ability to clearly articulate DEI initiatives and drive change is key to success in this role.
Salary: $110,000 - $120,000 plus Super
What to expect next
- CV review, we look for evidence in your CV that you have experience in the areas we’ve outlined, including areas of transferable skills, and use this to shortlist suitable candidates.
- First Interview with our People & Culture Business Partner, Stacey Quilton, to explore your background and experience, as well as introduce you to who we are, what we do and how we do it. A great opportunity for you to interview us too.
- Role specific task, presented in the interview with the hiring manager, to give you a chance to demonstrate your potential and fit for this role.
- Interview with the hiring manager, Valeria Ignatieva, our CEO and one of our DEI Account Managers, to ensure we find individuals who offer cultural add (not just fit!) and give you the chance to talk to peers about the company and their experience..
- Topgrading Interview with two of the Leadership Team, to deep dive into your full background and experience. This will include asking questions about everything from your high school experience to your latest role. Lets really get to know each other.
If we’re not able to take you forward at any stage in the process, we’ll let you know and are happy to provide feedback to help you in your job search.
All interviews will take place via video call. Please let us know if we can make any adjustments to accommodate your needs during the recruitment process.