Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
We now have an opportunity for an experienced management accountant to join the finance team here at abcam. Reporting to the EMEA Finance Manager, you will be instrumental in supporting the GL Finance team as they deliver under the Sarbanes Oxley regulations (SOx). The role will heavily focus on balance sheet integrity, especially in respect of Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI). You are also responsible for liaison with FP&A in respect of Intangible capitalisations for internal software development initiatives.
In addition, the role is responsible for overseeing application of the global GRNI policy and will support monthly management accounting including Fixed Asset creation and CIP maintenance, month end journal creation / processing via regular interaction with colleagues in FPA to ensure general ledger balance integrity as well as fulfilling Indirect Tax return obligations by preparing the VAT returns for UK and NL entities. The role will also provide support to the wider Finance team and tax teams, on an ad-hoc basis, as well as supporting the Treasury Manager by way of bank administration.
- Play a key role in regular accounting processes including Revolving Credit Facility accounting, Balance Sheet reconciliations, month end close & GL review. This includes ownership of controls preparation and execution for SOx compliance, such as GRNI process schedule preparation and integrity maintenance.
- Ensure close interaction with a variety of internal stakeholders and counterparts who will input and influence reported figures, including Finance Business Partners, Tax & Treasury
- Maintain relationships with FP&A counterparts in relation to Marketing, Sales & Service, Supply Chain and Manufacturing and Digital functions, including regular monthly meetings to review OPEX and CAPEX, plus review of Fixed Asset register for obsolescence or impairment.
- Control of global GRNI policy, ensuring quarterly schedules are provided as support for Abcam Plc & Abcam Netherlands B.V. PO’s reviewed by AP to support adjustments and PO closures for aged balances. Responsible for adherence to SOx controls in respect of GRNI, maintenance and integrity of balances held, and providing accurate reconciliation and management information in respect of GRNI.
- Preparation and calculation of VAT returns for Abcam Plc and Abcam Netherlands B.V on a monthly and quarterly basis, respectively.
- 2nd line review for Intrastat, EC Sales returns across either Abcam Plc or Abcam Netherlands B.V on rotation.
- Assisting with continuous improvement of internal processes & controls and documenting changes to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Review and approval of peer prepared journals.
- Dual bank administration responsibilities, shared across the EMEA Finance team for 4 bank relationships.
- UAT testing for Oracle Fusion Finance module process in the test environment, working closely with Product Owner/IT to make sure that all processes are fully operating as intended prior to implementation in live system environment.
- Review and approval of supplier bank changes made by the Cash Management Assistant for US, NL and UK entities complying with SOX and controls.
You are CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified with a financial reporting focus developed in a listed company environment with large transaction volumes for a number of years after qualifying. You have experience with VAT returns both in the UK and Europe along with monthly balance sheets and journal entry. You have a working knowledge of IFRS and Sox compliance and experience working with fixed assets. You have strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
You have a continuous improvement work ethic with a flexible approach along with strong systems skills and the ability to work with different teams in different time zones. You are inquisitive with sound analytical skills and able to multi task and prioritise your workload along with the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders across both Finance teams and wider business functions. If this looks like your next step in a finance career, apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.