Senior Engineer I
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The position of Senior Engineer eGRC Archer will be a part of a dynamic and growing team within the GRCT organization at American Express. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing scalable and optimal solutions across the Compliance, Risk, and Audit domains with hands on configuring in RSA Archer software as well as cutting edge technology to offer the best solution to support the business needs.They will provide RSA Archer experience, leverage Business and Technical knowledge to help develop and implement business partner strategies on time and within budget.
How will you make an impact in this role?
The Candidate will participate in a wide range of activities across the portfolio, supportingfunctional capabilities and working primarily with other Engineers, Product Owners, and Staff Engineers:
- Responsible for the timely delivery of development projects and may be involved in all aspects of the development life cycle, from requirements analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and documentation.
- Completes technical/implementation design documentation. - Provides estimates for design, build, test, and implementation phases.
- Undertakes regular code reviews to ensure alignment with development, implementation, and performance standards, providing coaching and mentoring on design and coding technics to engineers in scrum team.
- Assists with updates to program specification/implementation documentation.
- Works with scrum team to prepare configurations for production.
- Involved in unit, integration, and user acceptance testing - reviews test scripts; aligns with wider testing strategy.
- Escalates, provides feedback, and proposes changes to implementation specifications.
- Provides consultation to product owners with recommendations to drive their requirements to success.
- Provides input into technical roadmap and architectural direction based on product roadmaps.
- Participate as part of a scrum team utilizing agile principals and tools including Rally.
- Significant years experience with the RSA Archer framework
- Experience configuring with 6.x series of RSA Archer as an Archer Administrator & RSA administration certification
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- SQL Database knowledge with the ability to identify Infrastructure needs, Risks and Mitigation strategies in collaboration with DBA’s for processing, storing and accessing large volumes of data effectively.
- Typically has prior Technical experience of systems analysis/programming.
- Conceptual architecture knowledge.
- An understanding of GRC industry trends.
- Proven experience with application solutions to develop documentation, adhere to standards, and follow SDLC methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to present complicated technical solutions to multiple audiences, from the technical team to Senior leaders.
- Machine Learning knowledge is a plus, not mandatory.
- Agile Framework experience and Scaled Agile Framework knowledge and/or experience
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org