Campus - Internship Programme - MBA GMNS Analytics Intern - 2024 (UK)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
2024 SI - MBA Summer Internship
Business Unit/Role specific info
The International Strategic Initiatives (SI) team sits within Global Strategy and Capabilities (“GS&C”) in Global Merchant & Network Services and is responsible for driving thought leadership for growth opportunities.
This exciting role provides a fantastic opportunity to drive meaningful change in the Global Merchant & Network Services organisation and will give successful applicants a deep insight into the operational, financial and processes of the American Express acquiring business.
The team works across business units, engages with a wide variety of stakeholder groups, conduct research and analysis to answer key business questions and deliver sound recommendations across a range of projects impacting the merchant organization. In addition, the team provides end to end leadership of initiatives supporting key organisational objectives and leads certain long-term analytical projects from inception to delivery.
- Performing analysis and research to develop insights and solutions to tackle the highest GMNS strategic priorities.
- Identifying impactful business questions and executing interviews with business stakeholders both within GMNS and the Blue Box.
- Accessing subject matter experts and performing external research to inform different organizational and strategy recommendations.
- Synthesizing learnings through information/data-analysis, including business case creation.
- Creating high-quality recommendations for project sponsors
- Managing projects with multiple workstreams and accelerated timelines.
- Collaborating with talented teammates to deliver significant and sustainable results.
- Presenting to senior leaders on analyses and recommendations.
- Currently enrolled in a Full-time MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2024 and July 2025.
- Flexible self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Comfort with ambiguity in a fast paced and dynamic culture.
- Overall intellectual curiosity and ability to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- High financial analysis and business case modelling, with the ability to identify trends & develop key insights for senior management.
- Strong collaboration and relationship building ability is essential.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability and confidence to influence senior leaders.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Tableau and SQL or Python.
- Understanding of the drivers of the merchant acquiring business and an understanding of the evolving payment landscapes.
- Project management skills with experience of leading large programs.
- Experience working on global projects and with business partners in multiple countries.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.