Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
ICS issues a wide range of proprietary consumer, small business and corporate cards outside the United States. ICS also provides services to our international customers, including travel and lifestyle services, and manages certain international joint ventures and our loyalty coalition businesses.
The ICS Controllership Analyst will support the ICS Controllership Manager in providing business partners technical and operational accounting guidance on key deals and initiatives as well as preparing reporting outputs across the ICS Segment.
The successful candidate will work across a wide range of technical, operational and strategic accounting projects and initiatives as a valued colleague within the team.
They will work closely with Business Teams such as Marketing, Ops Excellence, Risk Management, Global Lounges as well as colleagues within Finance such as LFO, FP&A, Tax, and other Controllership teams.
The ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships is critical, as the ICS Controllership Analyst will liaise with many business partners across the organisation. Knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards, financial processes and controls will be key success factors.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Support business partner initiatives and projects assessing for financial accounting and operational implications
- Quarterly reporting for ICS partner Guarantees, Minimum Commitments and Client/Sales Incentives Accruals
- Oracle/TM1 analyses
- Calculate and post journals (MJE and SMR) to support Segment Cost Sharing processes
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of existing processes and controls, and be prepared to recommend enhancements
- Collaborate across segment Controllership to align on and ensure an efficient and effective control environment
- Support the Operational Risk/Control network by identifying financial risks, managing remediation issues, ORE resolution and improved controls
- Maintenance of ICS Segment dashboards and master files
- Support transformational projects and other initiatives as required.
- University degree or equivalent experience preferably in Accounting/Finance
- Fully / part qualified accountant, or equivalent experience
- Proven US GAAP accounting knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and relationship skills; effectively navigate through a matrix-based organisation
- Excellent numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to process information quickly to identify issues and areas for follow-up.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.