China Pipeline & Market Access Strategy Director
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, Luton
Job Type: Full time
China Pipeline & Market Access Strategy Director
Location – Global Hub Location (Gothenburg Sweden, Luton UK or Gaithersburg USA)
Salary – competitive with an attractive package
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Our Global and Market Access and Pricing (GMAP) team is committed to unlocking access to a life without limits. We do this by leading and shaping the adoption of value-based access in the healthcare ecosystem, using significant evidence to demonstrate value and delivering timely, sustainable patient access.
The China Pipeline and Market Access Strategy Director - Biopharma will understand Healthcare system designs and processes that relate to and enable patient access to medicines across China. This also includes the payer evidence needs in China and the opportunity to provide perspectives to craft global payer evidence, innovative access and pricing strategies for current and future products, as well as for Life Cycle Management (LCM).
As part of the Global Market Access and Pricing team, the China Pipeline and Market Access Strategy Director, plays an important role in aligning and directing global access strategies and results with China implementation and coordination. Day-to-day activities will see the role coordinating and inputting into the ongoing Market Access & Pricing efforts overall and driving the efficiency of pricing, access and reimbursement strategies across multiple therapeutic areas within the Biopharma Business Unit (BBU) portfolio covering Respiratory and Immunology (R&I), cardiovascular, renal and metabolic (CVRM) and Vaccines and Immune therapies (V&I).
As a direct report to GMAP VP, the China Pipeline and Market Access Strategy Director-- Biopharma will participate in GMAP LT and work in close collaboration with Global TAs, China Market Access Team, Government Affairs & Medical.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Pipeline, launch support and market access priorities
- Pipeline assessment pricing strategy to increase opportunity for success in China (in collaboration with China team)
- Partner with Global and MC team to generate China-specific RCT and RWE evidence to optimize potential for reimbursement success
- Input on BD&L deals that have profitable access outlook
- Support in navigating global policy shaping programs and establishing academic sharing platforms, with particular focus on payer policy/access KEEs for China
- Lead/ support on projects and activities related to global or China MA priorities
- Bring payer related experts and best practices from outside China (e.g. UK) into China MC priorities and initiatives (internal and external)
- Support build of stronger payer evidence generation/ health economics capabilities
- Champion market access talent development and movement across China and global
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Solid pharmaceutical/biotech Market Access or related experience with experience in some of the following:
- China/ Global Market Access experience with direct market experience in China preferred
- Strategic planning
- Portfolio prioritization
- Pipeline market access strategy development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and must have proficiency in both English and Mandarin languages
- Consistent record of handling business challenges and making appropriate trade-offs to meet business objectives
- Supervised record of building productive and balanced work relationships with internal partners in a matrix organization
- Track record of demonstrating initiative, strategic capabilities, and work optimally in sophisticated evolving environments
- Strong project management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple large projects and tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Exhibited ability to lead multiple, concurrent work streams in diverse functions and therapeutic areas
- Strong analytic skills
- Second degree preferred, e.g. Masters, MBA, PhD
- Experience in evaluating target product profiles and providing strategic mentorship to R&D organization to improve pricing and access upon launch
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering groundbreaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. Please apply now!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.