GCO Service Design Manager
Location: Cheshire East, Waltham, Massachusetts, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
GLOBAL COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS SERVICE DESIGN MANAGER
Do you have expertise in process design, and passion for pharmaceutical sales and marketing operations? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Global Commercial Operations Team in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
GLOBAL COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS OVERVIEW
The Global Commercial Operations (GCO) team provides a range of enterprise wide services (e.g. Omnichannel, Content, Learning Services, Global Meeting & Events, etc) that enables the business to operate at the highest levels in an efficient manner. Our team is part of the larger Global Business Service (GBS) team that aims to do the same across multiple disciplines.
GCO SERVICE DESIGN MANAGER
What you’ll do
The GCO Service Design Manager would work with the Service Design Director to explore, analyze and build new Global Services that are aligned to GCO/GBS’ overall ambition. This individual will need to have a strong ability partner with various business stakeholders, create clarity in ambiguity, develop new value through service development/transformation and articulate compelling visualization in support of our endeavors. Delivering in this role you will be expected to be able to:
- Provide high quality analysis of new service opportunities using data and process maps for existing ways of working
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify highly repeatable and efficient solutions to new service areas or existing services
- Challenge convention with thought provoking questions, alternatives, and ideas
- Develop position papers, visualizations via presentations etc to explain options, approach and provoke the right level of solution discussions in pursuit of new service development
- Identify and anticipate areas that could be problematic in the course of new service development, facilitate challenge sessions with stakeholders to isolate and resolve solution weaknesses
- Partner with other areas of GBS, GCO, IT, etc. in the development of simpler, faster more effective business solutions
- Gather external perspective and seek outside council from experts in respective area(s) of opportunity to provide balance and contrast in our solutions
- Facilitate information gathering sessions with any market or function that AstraZeneca operates within
- Provide project management and hands on development of the new services throughout the development lifecycle – implementation plans, change management approach, financials (as appropriate), process mapping (L0-L3), change content, etc
- Partner with Service Delivery teammates as needed in the course of new service development.
- Develop business cases for situations within a project or in the case of new services overall stories suited to the scale of the opportunity inclusive of financial, resource, compliance and business process components.
During the course of this work you will be expected to work closely with AstraZeneca business leaders, the GCO Service Design Director and team members, other relevant areas of GCO/GBS, AZ employees within the markets, outsourced service delivery partners and AZ Information Technology partners.
In addition to identifying new opportunities, this role will need to ensure the Implementation Lead is kept apprised of what is in the pipeline – vision, objectives, benefits to minimize disruption in transition. Therefore, the two roles may overlap at points along the service development process in areas like business case reviews, piloting, etc.
- Leads discovery activities to explore opportunities for introduction of GCO service delivery and resourcing models to new parts of the business
- Lead the development of business cases based on the outcome of discovery and service design activities to secure funding to implement new services
- Manages and develops new GCO Services, utilizing techniques such as service blueprints, process modeling, requirement gathering and metrics analysis and financial modeling.
- Works closely with business stakeholders, outsourced delivery partners and Information Technology experts to design and build new or revised services.
- Gathers external insight from within and outside of the pharmaceutical industry to model services that challenge existing convention while holding true to AstraZeneca’s values
- Acts as an internal consultant to the GCO team at large to refine our offerings and methods for delivering services.
Essential for the role
- Bachelor Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in process design or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in utilization of process design techniques
- 5+ years Pharmaceutical Commercial business
- Effectively interact with stakeholders in any area of the business to gather requirements, partner on service design etc
- Demonstrated successful collaboration with cross functional teams and environments
- Demonstrated track record of designing and building global business services – new or replacement
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex processes and ideas in simple terms
- Ability to facilitate design meetings and requirements gathering sessions
- Strong Project Management
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong visualization, written and presentation skills
- Oral and written fluency in Business English
- Some overseas travel will be required.
Desirable for the role
- Masters Degree
- Understanding of commercial service offerings in the areas of: Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing Operations, Digital, Omnichannel Campaigns, Content Creation, Meetings/Events.
- Global Experience
- Global Service design
- Prior consulting experience in BPO or service transformation
- Experience in prototyping and simulation, proof of concepts, pilots
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be.
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Inclusion & Diversity: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/inclusion-diversity
Career Site: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.