Director, Business Transformation
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
At AstraZeneca, we are leading a revolution in Oncology to redefine cancer care. Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. It is through this relentless quest for innovation that we have created one of the most diverse portfolios and pipelines in the industry. We are leaders in developing medicines and maximizing their potential where possible. We strive to secure commercial effectiveness as an organization, whilst having the patient at the center of everything we do. We foster an inclusive culture where diversity drives innovation and progress, by challenging assumptions and creating opportunities for new discoveries and creative solutions. Together, we will change what it means to live with cancer.
Oncology Business Transformation
To enable the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) to optimally deliver it's rapidly growing portfolio and to ultimately achieve our bold ambition, we are establishing a new team. As a Director of Business Transformation, Oncology you will identify, develop, and lead prioritization and simplification initiatives for the entire OBU. This team will ensure that the OBU can operate at scale by building and embedding scalable processes for key business activities, driving effective prioritization efforts, and cultivate coordinated, unified action across teams.
As a member of the team, you will engage and lead cross-functional teams to drive enterprise-wide initiatives within the OBU. This newly built role will leverage your talents to think ambitiously about prioritized business initiatives, and our future state, and build plans to enable it.
You will lead critical initiatives and deliver ground-breaking solutions that pave the way to achieving our vision of a best-in-class Oncology commercial organization. You will build plans that will scale across the OBU leveraging innovative ways to people, processes, and technology. Additionally, you will support Operational & Strategic Workforce Planning, and OBU/Enterprise Future of Work initiatives.
This position will require you to work across all aspects of the commercialization lifecycle and sit at the intersection of business, scientific development, and customer experience. You will be working with stakeholders across Global, Regions, Markets, and Integrated Business Teams (IBTs) to craft and execute our business and transformation strategy.
AstraZeneca is at home in this Sustainable Maryland Certified City and shares Gaithersburg's dedication to environmental stewardship. The site offers options that simplify and facilitate balanced transportation choices, making it easier for our employees and visitors to reach the campus and its surroundings. Gaithersburg is served by three large airports and is accessible to the Washington Area Metro system which includes rail and bus service.
This role is campus based at either of our sites in Gaithersburg, MD, or Cambridge UK, country headquarters for our associates. We expect an average of 3 days per week on-site.
- Transform ideas into scalable programs.
- Lead transformational initiatives with strong input from cross-functional input across collaborators within Global, Regional, and Market specific footprints.
- Identify operational needs, define consistent practices, and conduct gap analysis.
- Enable change through effective communication and coalition-building.
- Interface with function leaders, members of OBU LT, and other key stakeholders to assure continuous alignment of priorities.
- Mentor and develop the cross-functional team with a focus on elevating execution excellence.
- Identifying obstacles and roadblocks; tackling sophisticated problems and providing proven and novel solutions.
- Leverage change management through newly designed methodologies to optimize success and mitigate resistance.
- Collaborate with Change Management Lead to ensure structured change methodology is integrated into projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years of experience working in biopharmaceutical commercial and/or medical functions.
- Track record of delivering large-scale initiatives from concept to implementation.
- Experience in consulting, developing strategy, and/or change management.
- Strategic thinker and self-starter comfortable taking the lead on initiatives with the ability to make connections across workstreams and matrixed organizations.
- Comfortable leading and collaborating with senior management in sophisticated matrix environments.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills.
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Oncology experience.
- Management consulting from a top-tier consulting firm.
- Global and/or Market marketing or medical experience.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical commercialization lifecycle.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics (e.g. race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status). We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.