Global Marketing Director, Lynparza Gyn
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Global Marketing Director, Lynparza Gyn
Location: Gaithersburg (US) / Cambridge (UK)
Competitive employee benefits on offer!
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our game-changing pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness and maximising the lifecycle. By leveraging our commercialised portfolio we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment.
Here we play a key role in driving launch and commercial effectiveness. We are focused on setting the direction and leading the business in shaping the cancer care environment and empowering care teams. Everything we do is to transform the lives of patients living with cancer.
Global Marketing Director, Lynparza Gyn, is responsible for developing brand strategy for GYN indications working closely with global cross-functional teams, market affiliates and external partners to shape and build a winning brand for AstraZeneca.
- Shaping product strategy and promotional campaign for the product including strategy plans and operational plans
- Support with objectively analysing and commercially evaluating the emerging profile, competitive positioning, unmet need, pricing and market access, etc.
- Generate deep customer and market insights to inform the design of clinical development program, brand strategy and regulatory plans that effectively address unmet customer needs and delivers optimum value back to the business
- Build distinct market-shaping programs highlighting the large unmet need in the relevant disease areas
- Create clear, winning brand strategies that incorporate feedback from key markets
- Produce detailed strategic and operational commercial plans that address positioning, segmentation, pricing, value proposition, target market selection, etc. Track and manage associated budget to target.
- Develop future-proofed revenue forecasts and business cases that are informed by robust customer insights with an overlay of commercial judgement.
- Collaborate with Lynparza Commercial leadership (and other team members) to deliver the global Lynparza ambition.
- Align with AZ policies, standards and procedures in every interaction
- Responsible for the development and global implementation of brand strategy, brand positioning, launch plans/programmes, forecasts and KPIs for a specific disease area(s)
- 10+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical development and commercialisation
- Proven strong pre-launch and launch excellence knowledge and skill in Marketing
- Demonstrated success working in marketing teams to deliver: effective commercial brand strategies, and compelling business cases.
- Solid understanding of forecasting, market research, useful insight generation, and competitive landscape analysis and interpretation
- Solid understanding in global promotional campaigns and new product launches
- Sound internal and external collaborator/partner engagement skills with proven ability to seamlessly navigate scientific and commercial organisations to drive favourable business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to influence laterally and vertically
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world. Scientific curiosity
Disrupt to redefine cancer treatment. We're all here to make an impact. To achieve our bold ambition of eliminating cancer as a cause of death. In the Oncology Business Unit we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our commitment means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
It's our launch excellence and commercial effectiveness that will make the difference, empowering us to deliver the true value and potential of our life-changing medicines. From shaping the cancer care environment and empowering patient care teams, to transforming the patient experience.
Are you ready to step up, take personal accountability and lead changes in our ever-evolving environment? Are you ready to be a part of the team that makes it happen? Together we can make this the greatest decade ever in the fight against cancer.
Apply now and join us in our mission to redefine cancer treatment!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics (e.g. race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status). We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.