Commercial Director, Global Marketing – Orpathys (savolitinib)
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Commercial Director, Global Marketing – Orpathys (savolitinib)
Location; Gaithersburg (US) / Cambridge (UK)
Competitive employee benefits on offer!
Introduction to role:
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. This is the place to work openly and closely with others to harness our collective strengths. Passionate, driven and incredibly intelligent – come and be among the brightest minds who work together to future-proof our business, with the chance to push and progress it further.
Be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our game-changing pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness and maximising the lifecycle. By leveraging our commercialised portfolio we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to work in the Global Lung Cancer and Tumor Drivers Resistance (TDR) Team as the Commercial Director Global Marketing - Orpathys. In this role you will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be your best. This role, reporting directly into the Global Commercial Head – TDR (Tagrisso/Orpathys) will lead the creation, development, and implementation of global strategic brand plans as well as ensure launch readiness and successful global launch of Orpathys (savolitinib). This role works collaboratively with key global country and regional leads based in the US, Europe, Asia as well as wide range of headquarter functions including: Marketing, Global Analytics & Insights (GA&I), Diagnostics, Pricing and Market Access, Global Medical Affairs (GMA), Regulatory Affairs, Policy, Patient Advocacy, Competitive Intelligence, and others.
- Lead creation and successful execution of a long-term brand vision, strategy, and launch readiness efforts for Orpathys (savolitinib) underpinned by robust insights (customer, patient, competition/future landscape)
- Support Global Commercial Head TDR (Tagrisso / Orpathys) in successfully achieving governance milestones in collaboration with the key functions, Global Product Team (GPT), and Integrated Brand Team (IBT)
- Develop and deliver effective launch strategies and deliverables in partnership with the Global Integrated Brand Team (IBT) and local markets, shaping and advancing plans for changing medical practice, and optimizing the patient experience inclusive of market shaping and co-positioning across the lung cancer and GU cancer tumor areas
- Scenario plan for different study outcomes and changes in the market, developing robust commercial assessments, strategic implications and action plans
- Lead the creation of high-impact global deliverables and guide team members in delivering the global toolkit for Regions to accelerate performance and overcome barriers
- Support ongoing insight gathering and engagement with lung cancer medical experts and patient stakeholder groups. Shape, integrate, and apply insights to brand strategy and implementation
- Be responsible for setting Orpathys ambition and securing required investments to achieve it.
- Achieve and exceed financial targets in partnership w Regions and cross-functional partners through the Integrated Business Team (IBT). Partner with key markets to understand performance drivers/barriers and evolve plans to enhance patient and business impact
- Support global financial processes including near- and long- term budgeting and forecasting processes
- Be accountable for the long-term forecast and building alignment through the IBT
- Develop robust business cases for R&D investments and provide commercial insight to clinical development plans
- Strengthen our Lung Cancer Franchise community: demonstrate leadership across markets, cross-pollinate launch findings, and support other engagement and communications efforts
- Strong oncology background, having worked in multiple commercial roles for a large/mid-sized pharmaceutical company to drive launch and in-line performance for Oncology brands
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payers, providers
- Demonstrated use of insights to deliver effective marketing strategies
- Effective cross- functional project leadership and influencing skills to inform, persuade and lead across markets and functions
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities with a high degree of autonomy
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in scientific or business discipline
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
Disrupt to redefine cancer treatment. We're all here to make an impact. To achieve our bold ambition of eliminating cancer as a cause of death. In the Oncology Business Unit we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our commitment means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease. It's our launch excellence and commercial effectiveness that will make the difference, empowering us to deliver the true value and potential of our life-changing medicines. From shaping the cancer care environment and empowering patient care teams, to transforming the patient experience.
Are you ready to step up, take personal accountability and lead changes in our ever-evolving environment? Are you ready to be a part of the team that makes it happen? Together we can make this the greatest decade ever in the fight against cancer.
Ready to make your impact in the fight against cancer? Apply now!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics (e.g. race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status). We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.