Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Location: Macclesfield, UK
Competitive salary and benefits
Opening date: 08/02/2024
Closing date: 22/02/2024
Do you have a passion and expertise in secretarial administration? Would you like to apply this in a company that follows the science, and turns ideas into life changing medicines...... Then AstraZeneca might be the place!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person!
Macclesfield is one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing an excellent environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s meaningful to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
In Operations, we have a big ambition – to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out of the box thinking.
What You'll Do:
You will be responsible for proactively responding quickly to customer needs by providing administrative, project and cross functional support to ensure business critical activities are completed and business needs and demands are met.
You will be accountable for independently planning and coordinating administrative work within the Function(s) you support and analysing and compiling presentation material with excellent attention to detail.
Reporting to the Head of UK Operations, you will act as a diary manager for your primary and support customers, along with note taking, agenda setting, room booking, events management, travel booking, and raising expenses in a timely manner.
You will be available to offer support your customers and their extended leadership team.
- Coordinate outlook management, function standard diary and set priorities
- Support and co-ordinate business critical activities
- Develop and drive the improvement of organisational capability in the administrative process to ensure a culture of continuous improvement
- Support and co-ordinate functional and cross-functional projects and engagement activities i.e. Townhalls, use initiative to drive KPI reporting, agendas and create presentation materials
- Reconcile figures or information from various sources, ensuring completeness and accuracy, and follow-up on discrepancies
- Co-ordinate, collate and communicate information at the detailed level, possibly of a technical or statistical nature
- Carry out calculations, analysis, or investigations to defined briefs to support the smooth functioning of the business area
- Resolve complex customer queries and issues to meet customer and business requirements
- Seek to develop the role towards a positive cross-functional support matrix with other Business Coordinators in terms of sharing, absence cover, and support
- Owner and administrator of Functional SharePoint sites, Box-Folders and distribution lists for the Function
- Participates in establishing an understanding of (internal) customer requirements to ensure that planned activities and services meet needs, and in monitoring those services and activities to ensure requirements are fully met
- Responsible for the organisation of any area visits, tours or events
- Through administrative support within the functional area help to perform activities such as co-ordinating workflow.
- Proven previous secretarial and/or administration experience
- Demonstrate strong, communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills, with experience of collaborating and sharing knowledge
- Organisation skills, including, experience of diary management for multiple customers, organising meetings and events (for both internal and external attendees)
- Competency and knowledge of all Microsoft Programmes, including, Excel, Word, Office and PowerPoint
- Evidence of working off your own initiative and driving continuous improvement
- Experience of expense management system
- Strong networking skills across the PA population and broader area of responsibility
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to prioritise workload and work flexibly
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of working with senior customers
- Experience of working on projects
- Good business engagement and business acumen
- Experience of minute taking at meetings
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
There are so many fantastic employee benefits that AstraZeneca offer. AstraZeneca can offer you a competitive salary, private healthcare, a generous holiday allowance, phenomenal training and development opportunities, and much more.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Interested? Come and join our journey.
Closing Date22-Feb-2024Our mission is to build an inclusive and equitable environment. We want people to feel they belong at AstraZeneca and Alexion, starting with our recruitment process. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of characteristics. We offer reasonable adjustments/accommodations to help all candidates to perform at their best. If you have a need for any adjustments/accommodations, please complete the section in the application form.