Learning and Development Partner, Oncology R&D
Location: Cambridgeshire, Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Learning and Development Partner, Oncology R&D
12 month Fixed Term Contract opportunity
This role is located in Central Cambridge, UK
Join our Oncology R&D Team and Make a Big Impact!
Are you ready to play a key role in shaping and delivering an adventurous learning strategy for our R&D business? Help us further enhance AstraZeneca (AZ) as a great place to work and drive tangible business outcomes that demonstrate the impact of learning to the organization.
We're seeking an independent, highly collaborative, and resourceful Learning and Development Learning Partner to join our Oncology R&D team.
At AstraZeneca, we follow the science and pioneer new frontiers. Our bold aspiration is to be pioneers in science, lead in our disease areas and transform patient outcomes. By 2030 our goal is to deliver 20 new medicines through industry leading growth and be carbon negative. Our Oncology team is dedicated to eliminating cancer as a cause of death. We fuse pioneering science with the latest technology to achieve breakthroughs and have built an unrivalled scientific community both internally and externally. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to build a rewarding and meaningful career while improving the lives of millions living with cancer!
Recognising the importance of individualised flexibility, our ways of working allow employees to balance personal and work commitments while ensuring we continue to create a strong culture of collaboration and teamwork by engaging face-to-face in our offices 3 days a week. Our Cambridge headquarters (The DISC) is purposely designed with collaboration in mind, providing space where teams can come together to strategize, brainstorm and connect on key projects.
About the role
Working independently to support the delivery of high-quality learning initiatives in a complex, dynamic and global setting. You will be an excellent networker and collaborator, with business partners and subject matter experts to deliver quality and innovative learning resources, coordinate global cohort-based programmes and drive communications to garner support and interest from partners and the learner audience alike. The primary focus of the role over the next 12 months is to support our R&D Transformation project Next Generation Submissions (NGS).
- Work closely with project leads to gather technical content from R&D subject matter experts. Using a solid understanding of R&D you will assimilate and synthesise complex information to deliver learning resources relevant and engaging for the target audience.
- Support build of the 12- and 10-week submissions training programmes for NGS as well as aiding the L&D team and various partners on build and delivery of the Submissions Learning Hub.
- Review, refresh and create technical / scientific learning resources (including e.g., slides, eLearning, video production etc.) to support the build of knowledge pathways within Degreed (AZ learning technology platform) and the new Submissions Learning Hub.
- Coordination of relevant learning programmes, including advertisement, registrations, coordination of presenters and facilitators at global locations, collation and reporting of cohort feedback etc.
- Preparation and oversight of communications for partners, intranet, and Workplace.
- Project management and operational delivery of key elements of R&D learning programmes.
- Liaison with external L&D vendors for assessment of capability, oversight of project delivery, ongoing relationship management and identification of new opportunities relevant to R&D.
- Collation, interpretation and reporting of learning analytics for key R&D learning programmes / interventions.
- Delivery and facilitation of in person and virtual R&D learning seminars and events.
- Keeps abreast of external trends in L&D technologies and approaches and makes recommendations for benefit of R&D learning programmes.
- Active member of the R&D learning practitioner community, contribute to sharing of best practices and developing L&D capability for self and peers.
- Qualified to degree level preferably in a scientific / technical field and/or higher-level qualifications or accreditations in learning and development related subject area (preferred)
- Experience of a Pharma environment and knowledge of the R&D drug development life cycle.
- Excellent understanding of adult learning theories, instructional design and learning delivery. Experience applying these in a technical business setting.
- Practical experience building high quality learning resources with content creation tools (e.g., Articulate) and in learner experience platforms (e.g. Degreed)
- Creative flair, able to simplify complex scientific and technical concepts to support engagement and knowledge retention with R&D learners, in line with AZ narrative and branding.
- Solid operational and project management skills, able to coordinate and drive delivery of tactical work with discipline and efficiency.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Communicates effectively at all levels, from R&D learner to business partners.
- Experience delivering training, workshops, or global events, including leveraging technology to drive both in-person or virtual learning events.
- Proactive, self-starter able to work in an agile, fast paced environment.
- Excellent teammate who fosters a collaborative work environment where everyone can contribute their best work.
- Models an agile learning approach by being committed to own professional development.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
If you are inspired by the possibilities and want to explore next steps - don't hesitate to submit an application today, or connect with our Talent Acquisition Partner - Sam Hunter: https://www.linkedin.com/in/samhunter1/
for a confidential discussion to explore this opportunity further. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Closing Date23-Feb-2024Our mission is to build an inclusive and equitable environment. We want people to feel they belong at AstraZeneca and Alexion, starting with our recruitment process. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of characteristics. We offer reasonable adjustments/accommodations to help all candidates to perform at their best. If you have a need for any adjustments/accommodations, please complete the section in the application form.