Head of Business Product – Strategy & Market Launch
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
In this role you will be responsible for managing CityFibre’s strategic decisions to shape the portfolio for future needs in the business Ethernet, infrastructure, Dark Fibre offnet, and other non-FTTP product portfolio covering a range of local access, national and backhaul services targeting ISPs and range of other sectors, notably mobile and public sector. You will play a leading role in the planning, development and launch strategy of our portfolio with the goal of providing the best possible experience for our ISPs and financial outcomes for CityFibre.
Day to day, this is some of what you can expect to be doing:
- Defining the Business market product strategy, ensuring the plan is signed off with the commercial and senior management teams within CityFibre
- Identifying, defining and creating the business case for market leading Business and Infrastructure products portfolio and value-added services that deliver a best-in-class experience for our customers
- Understand the complex value chain of the Business market for telecoms and the competitive landscape as it relates to the products in order to refine the ongoing product and market strategy
- You will help define the “Go To Market” strategy for any major product launches working closely with Sales teams, partnership marketing and any other key stakeholders
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll also bring the following with you:
- Experience working in the B2B market segment for telecoms in preferably a product role or a commercial role
- Experience and knowledge of how to construct and evolve the Business Product portfolio
- Detailed knowledge of data connectivity products particularly Ethernet, business broadband and range of backhaul, exchange and ancillary services
- Excellent understanding of emerging trends across our different customer sectors who use business / infrastructure products – (business sector, mobile sector and public sector)
- Strong understanding of the UK ISP market. Understanding of what makes ISPs tick and their requirements from a wholesale telecoms provider
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.