Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Freightliner Group Ltd. – Flexible
A vacancy has arisen for an Account Manager, Reporting to the General Manager, Commercial. This role will be responsible for achieving and exceeding volume and revenue budget allocated intermodal accounts, to retain and grow existing customer and develop excellent customer relationships at all appropriate levels.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to meet and exceed volume and revenue budget.
- Produce clear account plans to demonstrate actions required to grow and retain your customers.
- Set up a clear customer communication review process to ensure the G&W story and proposition is well understood and accepted.
- Use customer KPIs and ensure these are well communicated internally and externally, with clear actions to improve performance.
- Provide strong leadership of the intermodal service delivery team, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clear, targets are set, measured and reviewed and training & development plans are in place for each individual in the team.
- Ensure strong and collaborative relationships with the operational team to achieve excellent customer service.
- Ensure the CRM system is completed and used to improve performance.
- Represent G&W at relevant external events.
- Commercial specialist.
- Energetic and proactive
- Proactive approach to work and uses own initiative to implement improvements.
- Sets high standards of work for self, and team.
- High level of integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for operational excellence and innovation, in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Leads by example and provides honest and clear leadership that helps drive results.
- Listens attentively to others’ perspectives and provides constructive feedback and coaching.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Account Management experience, ideally within the transport or supply chain industry.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to clearly communicate internally and externally.
- Financially literate with demonstrable experience in optimising price.
- Agility to respond to day to day commercial challenges and changes.
- Effective customer interaction and communication.
- Experience of working closely with commercial and operational teams and achieving effective collaboration.
- Experience with best practice account management techniques.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team