Stores Manager - Hornsey
GTR (Govia Thameslink Railway)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
STORE MANAGER - HORNSEY
Do you have strong people management skills and experience working in a stores/materials environment?
Are you able to create strong working relationships with your team and with suppliers?
Can you work in an organised manner?
Put your administrative and IT skills to optimum use?
Rail is a fantastic industry to work in, offering real career development and opportunities. We want our teams to reflect the communities they serve, and our aim is for our teams to mirror the local population with representation across society.
GTR are currently recruiting for a Store Manager to join our busy materials stores team at our Hornsey Engineering Depot. You will be working closely alongside our engineering teams, ensuring that the stores are managed efficiently. In this role, you will be supported by a strong team and given the chance to learn and build on your own skills.
Some Key Accountabilities:
- Lead and manage a team of engaged store operatives, creating an inclusive and agile culture.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and company procedures is followed whilst proactively driving down incidents/accidents in line with the company's Zero Harm safety culture.
- Ensure that the workplace environment is maintained to a high standard in line with our brilliant basics approach, with a view of improving through a continuous improvement ethos.
- Exceptionally controlled inventory records allowing for a complete reconciliation between physical stock holdings, the asset management system, and the company balance sheet with no loss to the business.
- Development of an effective, trained, and well-motivated team.
- Accountable for all audit functions performed by the team.
- Provide reports as directed by the Materials Manager/Fleet Materials Manager.
- Ensure that waste streams are managed per environmental legislation and company procedures through strong collaboration with other departments.
- Deputise for the Materials Manager in their absence.
Experience in a materials environment will be a clear advantage in this role, but most importantly, you will need to be great with people. You will manage your team on a daily basis and build strong relationships with engineering teams and suppliers. You will need to be able to work accurately within a fast-paced stores team and maintain detailed records. You will support your team in their daily roles, as well as empowering them to learn and progress their own careers.
What we can offer you:
- Final salary pension
- 24 days holiday and bank holidays
- Free travel on GTR and sister groups for you and your family
- 75% off travel on other train operating companies for you, and leisure for your family
- Discounted Oyster Card
- GTR offers maternity, paternity and adoption leave and time off for prenatal care, as well as shared parental leave - all part of our commitment to family friendly policies
- StarHub – our great benefits package which, for example, includes discounts with many retailers.
Are you ready to take the next steps in your career?