CIB F&BM - EMEA Equity Sales Business Control Manager – Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
CIB Controls Management is a team of skilled change, risk and controls experts, responsible for managing the end to end control environment. The team develops and implements the First Line of Defence governance and controls working closely across lines of business within J.P. Morgan’s CIB.
This role is within the EMEA Sales & Marketing Business Controls Management function, covering the Equity Cash & EDG Sales & Marketing business in London.
The BCM role continues to evolve being focussed on governance, ownership, enhancement and execution of controls, covering the Business, Operations and Technology. The BCM develops and implements the first line of defence governance and controls for J.P. Morgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank and has responsibilities in control design, implementation, evaluation and representation to internal and external parties including global regulators. The BCM needs to develop deep relationships with stakeholders across functional lines, understanding of the businesses, their risks, controls, architecture, and products. With BCMs appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls with sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Risk Identification & Assessment, Control Design &Evaluation, Issue Management, and Control Governance & Reporting.
- Manage control-related activities, including risk event data occurrences, and new business initiatives and provide control related due diligence to business units to foster a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Partner effectively with colleagues across the firm, business, operations management, legal, compliance, risk, audit, regulators, and technology control functions to drive consistent and rigorous operational risk practices and Control programs including control committees, risk mitigation, key risk indicators, control design and performance evaluation
- Help establish control governance and reporting to identify meaningful metrics to inform on the health of operational risk and control environment; escalate control gaps and weaknesses based on key reporting indicators; and manage control committees and forums
- Represent Front Office interests in control and regulatory initiatives.
- Manage the risk and control governance framework and reporting
- Provide oversight, review and execution of ad hoc/analytical requests/control deep dives/projects/resiliency
- Support Regulatory, Audits and Compliance Testing and remediation of action plans
- Drive business control forums, ensuring agenda and materials effectively cover critical business operating risk
Additional Responsibilities for Managers
- Manage and motivate a small team in reducing financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Provide ongoing feedback and training to develop employees on risk concepts and the application to risk and control evaluation
- Lead by example, with exemplary personal and professional attributes. Inspire confidence in all levels of staff as well as key partners from other functional areas and across Lines of Business
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Extensive financial services experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
- Experience leading broad cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and deliver best practices
- Demonstrate confident leadership and sound judgment to influence a strong culture and risk management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) with the ability to develop compelling and meaningful executive presentations that will drive opportunities / recommendation for improvement.