Credit Portfolio Group Middle Office Associate
Job Type: Full time
Credit Portfolio Group (CPG) is responsible for the strategic risk management on behalf of the CIB Markets businesses. This sits within the Derivatives business, and is responsible for managing the counterparty credit risk (CVA) and funding risks (FVA) associated from bilateral OTC derivatives trades, by executing hedging transactions to offset movements in XVA balance sheets reserves.
In the role of a Controls & Trade Support – Associate (Global Collateral Middle Office), you will be supporting the trading desk & liaising with business stakeholders. Monitoring trading risk controls and will be managing risk across multiple products and business initiatives, project managing enhancement of controls and regulatory compliance.
This is the role for you, if you are excited to support a new function being expanded to monitor trading risk and supporting regulatory compliance. Facing off to the front office and liaising with many business stakeholders in an environment which is fast paced, dynamic and continuing to evolve. Additionally this role will support multiple initiatives to improve and expand current control architecture and lead business updates and reporting on current controls.
- Build and support an effective control environment, set minimum standards and develop new processes where required.
- Build and communicate key metrics across business forums.
- Engage multiple teams to remediate and close issues and actions
- Weekly collation of key business metrics that feed into multiple business control forums.
- Create traceability of all data and related controls for regulatory reviews
- Ultimately improve controls, and reduce front office overhead
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Strategic Mindset ability to investigate data and identify solutions, control focused.
- Excellent analytical and strategic, and problem-solving skills.
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; you will be dealing with front office, middle office and technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
- Independent, proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard