Application Support Engineer - Associate - Hybrid Working
Job Type: Full time
About the Team
The Global Environment Management (GEM) team is a growing organisation of support staff, application developers, site reliability engineers and business analysts, responsible for environment management support and development activities across the JPMorgan Corporate and Investment Bank.
Our vision is to “Strike the perfect balance between supporting rapid change and delivering production stability” and our mission is to “Provide best-in-class environment build, automation, support and monitoring development services to our stakeholders and clients”
With ongoing investment in research and development being a core value of the GEM team, we balance innovation of our tools and products with delivery of them through our twenty-four hour support services.
Providing a diverse range of career paths and opportunities, the Global Environment Management team will support your growth as you help to support our environments.
As an Environment Management associate you will be expected to conduct the following activities: -
* Maintaining planning records of environment bookings and environmental requirements to support testing.
* Documenting all environments including ownership, service levels, versions and infrastructure information.
* Reporting and managing costs for each environment and identifying cost savings.
* Prioritising issues for resolution before UK start of business day.
* May be required to provide out of hours coverage to support environment maintenance activities.
* Report to the based Regional & Global Environment Support Team Manager.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in Monitoring toolsets and interface knowledge – Splunk, Geneos, Logstash , Kibana, Prometheus, Cortex, Appdynamics, Dynatrace, MQ, Kafka
- Working Knowledge in Linux/Windows, Container technology or Exposure to Cloud support & configuring monitoring for applications and services on Cloud
- Exposure to automation technology like Ansible or puppet
- Proficiency in one of the following languages – Java/Python/.Net
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- A sense of curiosity to future out problems, as well as self-motivation to drive those problems toward solutions
- Debugging skills and analytical ability to find the problem and provide resolutions in short timelines
- Sound knowledge of the ITIL or Incident, Problem and Change management for Production support
- Understanding of data security and controls
- Financial services industry/ tech experience is a plus
COMMUNICATION AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS:
* Excellent verbal and written English required.
* A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues.
* Good prioritisation and time management.
* A desire to provide solutions of the highest quality.
* A team player (i.e. relaxed; good sense of humour etc.).
* Attitude - enthusiastic, positive, and self-motivated
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.