Global Shares - Java Software Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Global Shares, a J.P. Morgan company, is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle and cater to corporates worldwide
We specialize in the delivery of high quality web-based applications for participants and administrators for equity-based incentive and share plans. We are headquartered in Ireland and we also have a world class software development team located in Lisbon and Glasgow. We are looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer interested in working with the latest web application technology in one of our software development offices.
- Work on your own initiative and produce robust, high quality code under the guidance of the other developers within the team.
- Ensure all QA procedures are satisfied in terms of process and documentation.
- Develop new features within the application.
- Lead and influence team members to produce best in class software.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills:
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of Spring Boot, Java Persistence API
- Test Frameworks (Unit Testing, Cucumber or similar)
- Use of GIT in Development activity.
- Strong SQL Knowledge (SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Extensive Software Analysis and Design experience
- Extensive experience with RESTful API’s, including Web API and Swagger (OpenAPI)